DCU: Justice League

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness the Justice League Snyder cut is coming out. Now the insufferable Snyder and the fans that think it's going to somehow make all the Snyder DC films transform to greatness can finally shut the hell up. I am so tired of hearing about it and from Snyder himself. His movies were uneven. They are borderline schizophrenic. Even if it makes the film a little better it won't save the rest of it or his other DC movies.

It's going to be released in 2021 on HBO MAX.

https://pressroom.warnermediagroup....Y1hcAk6SHX7Kh0B9dHZ5C6T4PbLjPJX5LTMwi1_yifZhM

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The version that should have been made!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is so confusing. A) The movie is still Justice League, and B) It's still directed by Zach Snyder. I get that Joss did things that they didn't like, but how much better could the film be? This isn't like Martin Scorsese recutting Gigli. It can be recut like crazy, but the content is STILL Gigli.

Why is this such a big deal?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is so confusing. A) The movie is still Justice League, and B) It's still directed by Zach Snyder. I get that Joss did things that they didn't like, but how much better could the film be? This isn't like Martin Scorsese recutting Gigli. It can be recut like crazy, but the content is STILL Gigli.

Can't agree more.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jesus... my interest was piqued at Snyder’s cut (why I have no idea since I hated BVS) but that made me actively NOT want to watch it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think they’re really two different movies, that Whedon didn’t just do a couple reshoots, but basically took what was there and rewrote around a lot of it and created the meh-sterpiece it ended up being.

this looks like a totally different vision... that will be awful.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
jesus... my interest was piqued at Snyder’s cut (why I have no idea since I hated BVS) but that made me actively NOT want to watch it.

I was pumped for BvS because Man of Steel was really good but leading up to it we all kinda heard it to be over the top with a lot of issues. It was entertaining but not hatable. Justice League was hatable.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was pumped for BvS because Man of Steel was really good but leading up to it we all kinda heard it to be over the top with a lot of issues. It was entertaining but not hatable. Justice League was hatable.

I LOVED the first half of Man Of Steele but was lukewarm on the second half. Hated the idea of introducing a new Batman and immediately having BVS and then they made Batman the worlds worst detective of all time, turning on Supes for super weak reasons.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is perfect

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think they’re really two different movies, that Whedon didn’t just do a couple reshoots, but basically took what was there and rewrote around a lot of it and created the meh-sterpiece it ended up being.

Yeah, he could only do so much.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I get having footage that was on the cutting room floor, but I'll bet there was good reason to leave it on the cutting room floor. It may be different, but it also might be just bad. And with Zach Snyder, would that be much of a surprise?

This seems like fan service and a desperate attempt by Snyder to stay relevant considering his utter failure at being the custodian of the DC Universe (which was a mistake in the first place, let's face it). That's like giving M. Night the keys to Star Wars.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson