DCU: Justice League

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justice League film

http://collider.com/ben-affleck-justice-league/187435/

Warner Bros. is reportedly eying Ben Affleck (Gone Baby Gone) to helm Justice League, DC and WB’s answer to Marvel/Disney’s The Avengers. Affleck is expected to enter discussion with the studio higher-ups within the next few days. So far, he’s the only candidate who has received the script from Gangster Squad scribe, Will Beall. Affleck has also set a recent precedent of directing films he also stars in, which may mean that we’ll be seeing him on screen in some capacity, whether super-suited or not. Hit the jump for much more on this developing story, along with a possible role for Affleck in an upcoming film which has long been in development at Warner Bros.

Variety reports that justice-league-ben-affleckAffleck is the main man for WB’s Justice League, now that Christopher Nolan is officially out as director. The superhero team up will feature Batman and Superman, alongside Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash. If Nolan’s Batman trilogy is any indication, bolstered by the apparent tone and palette of Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel, we can look forward to Justice League likely continuing the “realistic and gritty” aesthetic. Affleck’s latest directorial effort will be on display this fall with the political thriller, Argo.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, way to respond to Marvel's news of another Whedon-driven Avengers.

Ugh.

:facepalm:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, way to respond to Marvel's news of another Whedon-driven Avengers.

Ugh.

:facepalm:

while I really dug Nolan's version of the Batman universe, I gotta agree with ya here. Most superhero stories should be... for lack of a better word... super and fun. I'm already questioning a "realistic and gritty" Superman. The guy is an alien from outer-space... who looks exactly like humans... but can fly, shoot lasers out of his eyes and run faster then a speeding bullet. Gritty and realistic doesn't not exist in that dojo.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ryan Reynolds, who played Hal Jordan's Green Lantern was anything but realistic and gritty in that movie. Flash(Barry Allan and Wally West) is whimsical and not gritty. A Justice League movie, IMO, needs to go back to when Superhero movies and TV shows were a bit light hearted and didn't take themselves seriously. Everything doesn't have to be so dark and emo. Hell, even Iron Man wasn't dark and gritty.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
'Justice League' aims for summer 2015 after Superman victory

The studio is expected to accelerate development of a planned "Justice League" movie that would join Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and other characters, according to a knowledgeable person not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

Warner hopes to shoot the film next year and release it in the summer of 2015. The studio already has a "Justice League" script in the works. Next it needs to attach a director and then cast the lead roles.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sounds kind of cool, but Wonder Woman is a lame superhero, and there better not be any Wonder Twins anywhere near this project.

[Insert double entendre about Wonder Woman's Wonder Twins right here]

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they do this movie, they're going to have to introduce some of the characters. Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Flash are all pretty much household names. But Hawkman, Martial Manhunter, and Aquaman not so much. And to correct, the lamest JLA member is Aquaman.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If they do this movie, they're going to have to introduce some of the characters. Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Flash are all pretty much household names. But Hawkman, Martial Manhunter, and Aquaman not so much. And to correct, the lamest JLA member is Aquaman.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
And to correct, the lamest JLA member is Aquaman.

I haven't read of the new 52 Aquaman comics, but from what I've been told the writers kind of play off of that premise.

I don't know why, but I see Aaron Paul (Jesse on Breaking bad) playing a good, if somewhat disrespected, Aquaman.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much. I had drinks with Tsujihara once, he's a cool cat. Without Harry Potter (and with the suckiness of the Hangover series), WB has virtually no big money-making series' left (except for Man of Steel). I can't imagine DC is too happy with Marvel monopolizing the theatrical market.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warner Bros. Plans ‘Justice League’ Movie Directed by Zack Snyder

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014...ils-plans-for-justice-league-movie-exclusive/

First came “Man of Steel.” Next up is “Batman vs. Superman.” And then, “Justice League.”

Confirming the studio’s plans for a movie based on its iconic super-team for the first time, Warner Bros. president of worldwide production Greg Silverman said the studio has set plans to make a “Justice League” movie.

Like “Man of Steel” and its follow-up, which starts production next month, “Justice League” will be directed by Zack Snyder. Henry Cavill is expected to return as Superman, along with Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot, who play Batman and Wonder Woman, respectively, in 2016’s “Man of Steel” sequel tentatively titled “Batman vs. Superman.”

“It will be a further expansion of this universe,” said Mr. Silverman. “’Superman vs Batman’ will lead into ‘Justice League.’”

A script is still in development and Warner has not set a release date, though the movie is unlikely to come out before 2018. Mr. Silverman would not comment on what other heroes might join Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in the movie. However the studio has recently been casting the role of Cyborg, a half-robotic hero who is expected to have a cameo in “Batman vs. Superman” and then appear in “Justice League.” Other DC heroes who have been in Justice League comic books include Aquaman, Flash and Green Lantern.

The plans for three superhero movies in relatively quick succession show how intent Warner is on catching up with rival Walt Disney Co.’s Marvel Studios in building a cinematic superhero universe after years lagging behind.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's like they're trying to kill it before it begins. Affleck as Batman? Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman? Who's next? Johnny Galecki as The Flash? Neither of the former 2 are believable as Batman and Wonder Woman. I mean, Gadot is 5' 9", 110lbs sopping wet with a 32B chest and this is who they cast as someone who is 6 feet plus and who's as stacked as a Great Pyramids of Giza.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
They made an entire cast of regular sized guys look like hobbits for 6 movies, you guys dont think they can make Gal Gadot look like an Amazon? What's easier; We can find a hot, athletic chick that can act and use simple camera tricks to make her look tall or we can search the globe for a 6'5 woman who is gorgeous, can do action and also can act... Oh by the way Linda Carter is 5'9...

And I dont get why people are so adamant that Affleck cant play batman. It's not King Lear on Broadway.

Both Batman and Bruce Wayne are plpayed pretty flat, like Affleck. Even back in the fru fru cartooney Batman days Adam West was as flat as it comes... He's wearing a mask and talking like there is a frog in his throat half the time. At this point, and I'm talking in broad internet terms here, a lot of fanboys have spent so much time bashing Affleck and the casting choices going into this movie, even if this movie winds up being good, they are going to experience such cognitive dissonance that they wont even be able to enjoy it. lol

"Deep down I'm kindof enjoying this but I have spent so many hours on the internet bashing this movie before I ever saw it that I feel like I have to hate it. I hate it no matter what!"

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
They made an entire cast of regular sized guys look like hobbits for 6 movies, you guys dont think they can make Gal Gadot look like an Amazon? What's easier; We can find a hot, athletic chick that can act and use simple camera tricks to make her look tall or we can search the globe for a 6'5 woman who is gorgeous, can do action and also can act... Oh by the way Linda Carter is 5'9...

It isn't height, it's size. I can list hundreds of actresses better suited to play Wonder Woman, body wise, than Gal frickin' Godot. Height can be rigged by the camera--heft, body thickness, and whatnot can only be altered to a certain degree, and that isn't NEARLY enough to make the Skinny Minny into an Amazon. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid casting choice.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't height, it's size. I can list hundreds of actresses better suited to play Wonder Woman, body wise, than Gal frickin' Godot. Height can be rigged by the camera--heft, body thickness, and whatnot can only be altered to a certain degree, and that isn't NEARLY enough to make the Skinny Minny into an Amazon. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid casting choice.

Yeah and I say 99.9% of those actresses have the acting chops of a pork chop.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Yep and you'd complain about every one of them too! :D :mulli:

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't get the Gal Gadot hate. It's like you guys think she's not training night and day to get ripped, which she probably is. I mean...do any of you realize she's a former athletic trainer for the Israeli Defense Force? Kinda sounds like someone who can kick A LOT of ass while being smoking hot to boot.

and 5'9 is about as tall as you're going to find for an actress who can actually speak a line and look incredibly hot. hell, 5'9 is about as tall as pretty much any actor period.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah and I say 99.9% of those actresses have the acting chops of a pork chop.

Bunk. Anna Silk has the chops, the build, the look, everything. Perfect for the role, without having to pray the teensy wittle skinny girl can add enough bulk, or they can use effects to make up the difference.

I really don't get the Gal Gadot hate. It's like you guys think she's not training night and day to get ripped, which she probably is. I mean...do any of you realize she's a former athletic trainer for the Israeli Defense Force? Kinda sounds like someone who can kick A LOT of ass while being smoking hot to boot.

and 5'9 is about as tall as you're going to find for an actress who can actually speak a line and look incredibly hot. hell, 5'9 is about as tall as pretty much any actor period.

Tall doesn't matter to the camera, as you should know. And I don't give a damn how much you train, she ain't going to put on THAT much muscle/bulk. It's like saying if I hit the gym night and day, I'll whittle down to 175. Ain't never happening :D

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bunk. Anna Silk has the chops, the build, the look, everything. Perfect for the role, without having to pray the teensy wittle skinny girl can add enough bulk, or they can use effects to make up the difference.

Tall doesn't matter to the camera, as you should know. And I don't give a damn how much you train, she ain't going to put on THAT much muscle/bulk. It's like saying if I hit the gym night and day, I'll whittle down to 175. Ain't never happening :D

How is that bunk? For every 1 actress you name that fits the part I could probably come up with 9 that do to but are not very good actresses. It's very difficult to find someone who looks a part and can act. It's what casting directors struggle with every film. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Also, I said it before and I will say it again, I don't want some WWE style Wonder Woman. Give me someone who who can act over someone who fits the build 100% of the time. Chris Evans was blasted just the same for playing Captain America and I can't imagine someone else playing the part.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is that bunk? For every 1 actress you name that fits the part I could probably come up with 9 that do to but are not very good actresses. It's very difficult to find someone who looks a part and can act. It's what casting directors struggle with every film. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Also, I said it before and I will say it again, I don't want some WWE style Wonder Woman. Give me someone who who can act over someone who fits the build 100% of the time. Chris Evans was blasted just the same for playing Captain America and I can't imagine someone else playing the part.

Good point. We also probably can't assume the new suit will be as skimpy as what we're accustomed to from previous iterations. They can make everybody look ripped in the costumes now.

Stout

Reaction score

So basically what you're saying is that only skinny chicks can act. Why can't full-bodied women act? I think you're just obsessed with the idea that Gal Gadot can pull it off, so you're lashing out against non-skinny actresses. Do you even know who Anna Silk is? She certainly isn't a WWE style Wonder Woman, and she sure in the heck can act.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So basically what you're saying is that only skinny chicks can act. Why can't full-bodied women act? I think you're just obsessed with the idea that Gal Gadot can pull it off, so you're lashing out against non-skinny actresses. Do you even know who Anna Silk is? She certainly isn't a WWE style Wonder Woman, and she sure in the heck can act.

Not what I said. I said that it's going to be hard to find someone with the perfect build for WW, with the right acting chops and perfect chemistry for the other actors all in one perfect package. Given the choice, give me the person that can act without the perfect build versus someone who might fit the build but might not be as good as an actor. If it was that easy they wouldn't need casting directors.

I personally don't care about Gal Gadot and never followed her prior to this or her gig on FF6. Now that I do know who she is and watched some of her work, I just don't want to dismiss her because she is not the prototypical body type. Chris Evans wasn't either. People on this very board said basically the exact same thing you said about Gal Gadot. Look how that turned out?

P.S. I watch Lost Girl and even though I like her in that part, I don't see her as Wonder Woman at all. She is a very mediocre actress IMO. I guess that's why they have casting directors. :D

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson