Just Wondering - Cards Woeful Home Record - Impacting Coach Prospects?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
How much the Cards failure to win at home is impacting coaching prospects? Most teams count on a home field advantage to be worth a couple of wins each year. A raucous crowd can still disrupt even a good offense. Just wondering if this is a thing?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i view the home record as much a product as randomness as anything else

they played better on the road -- thats the odd thing

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I think we had a couple years during the Arians era where we caused a lot of false starts at home, particularly on third downs
false starts .... "when are you supposed to go anyway? do you always have to wait till the ball is hiked? if so, why does the center always wait so long? can't we find a center that can hike the ball sooner? I can't wait to hit someone. Hey, I think that blonde in the third row over there is looking at me!"

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much the Cards failure to win at home is impacting coaching prospects? Most teams count on a home field advantage to be worth a couple of wins each year. A raucous crowd can still disrupt even a good offense. Just wondering if this is a thing?
I really doubt it. It's a fluke. Don't really think homefield is very important for vast majority of games, especially for a bad team.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any coach coming in is filling the shoes of a failed regime. If somebody really wants this head coaching position he will have to look at this as nowhere to go but up.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
Arians was 28-11-1 at home during his time here. Even Whisenhunt had a good home record. I would hope this is not an issue.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If you take into consideration we only won 4 games this season, is it really a significant factor that we won more on the road... yeah, probably not lol

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope Harry isn’t insinuating that our recent poor record at home is the fault of the home crowd. I may be biased but the fault isn’t with the crowd. The home crowd is always representing even in games where the opposing fans are numerous. The crowd hasn’t changed. Good coaches win games at home, as evidenced by guys like Arians. Bad coaches don’t, as evidenced by Wilks and coach bro.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I think Will Anderson is the type of player that helps to cultivate a home field advantage. The type to get a sack, or draw enough attention for someone else to get a sack, all before third down, which is when good crowds get loud.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not having home crowd advantage doesn’t help. But overcoming this is just one more challenge the team will face “on the way back.” It’s like the team having to fight through a collective high ankle sprain. Gotta deal with it and overcome it to become good again.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I hope Harry isn’t insinuating that our recent poor record at home is the fault of the home crowd. I may be biased but the fault isn’t with the crowd. The home crowd is always representing even in games where the opposing fans are numerous. The crowd hasn’t changed. Good coaches win games at home, as evidenced by guys like Arians. Bad coaches don’t, as evidenced by Wilks and coach bro.
Not thinking that but it‘s so odd it might come up in an interview.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose