Just occurred to me!

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
I haven’t seen the Phx. Gorilla in any of the series thus far, is he not making appearance’s anymore lol

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
I am watching the games on the world feed which continues when US stations have their ad brakes, and have seen plenty of the Gorilla during the last few weeks.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen the Phx. Gorilla in any of the series thus far, is he not making appearance’s anymore lol
My wife pointed out the same thing. Right after commercial breaks he was a staple. He is barely shown any longer even during the games. When the broadcasts were local they used to show him constantly interacting with the fans. We have gotten very little of that at all these entire playoffs. Even during the season because so many games were national they barely if ever showed him on those either.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My wife pointed out the same thing. Right after commercial breaks he was a staple. He is barely shown any longer even during the games. When the broadcasts were local they used to show him constantly interacting with the fans. We have gotten very little of that at all these entire playoffs. Even during the season because so many games were national they barely if ever showed him on those either.

He was there with the Suns' dancers and even playing a Bass Drum...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve seen him all over he just signed an endorsement deal. Living his best life

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yep, he was at the game last night but just like the cheerleaders, they’re not allowed down on the court right now. They have their own boxed area at the top of the lower bowl.

Yup, in the area that doubled as the stage for Young MC at the half.

It was quite interesting how much play the early 90s rap hits got last night. (Kris Kross, House of Pain, Tag Team and Cypress Hill were played during time-outs and between quarters, and I commented that I was waiting for them to play Naughty By Nature.) I wonder if that was a deliberate nod to the last time the Suns were in the Finals...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There has been virtually no "on the court" entertainment during stops in play. No trampoline dunks, no cheerleaders on the court, zero. It might be because of Covid or because the atmosphere at the arena is so electric that they don't need it.

But the Gorilla is there, he's been mostly in the open concourse area about 20 rows up a bit behind and to the left of the Suns bench.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, he was at the game last night but just like the cheerleaders, they’re not allowed down on the court right now. They have their own boxed area at the top of the lower bowl.

Thanks for bringing home the win last night. :cool:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hadn't seen the Gorilla in a while but he just sort of slipped my mind. It makes total sense with Covid why he wouldn't be out there out there though.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing home the win last night. :cool:
It was such a beautiful experience to share with my fellow Suns fans. The place was raucous and ready to erupt on every great play. Definitely a bucket list experience. So glad I splurged on it. Also, was great for family time. Saw my brother for the first time since the pandemic and we are getting to hang our with our mom.

My brother and I are always referencing Monty’s “do it for your brother!”

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kinda wonder when the other shoe is going to drop with a team using a Gorilla as a mascot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they do Money, Money anymore with the Gorilla finishing it off with a dunk? That used to get the crowd so fired up between the 3rd and 4th quarters.

also, how much did I just date myself with that question?

Last edited:

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
I use league pass to watch the games internationally so i get the stadium cam and he's around getting the crowd pumping them up and handing out prizes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do they do Money, Money anymore with the Gorilla finishing it off with a dunk? That used to get the crowd so fired up between the 3rd and 4th quarters.

also, how much did I just date myself with that question?

I've gone to have dozen or so games a year over the last 7-8 years and don't believe I've ever seen that.

They have the "Sol Patrol" now that do various trampoline dunks during longer breaks in action. Occasionally the Gorilla will get involved and do a dunk or two with them but he's not really featured anymore in an athletic capacity, its more comedy stuff with him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've gone to have dozen or so games a year over the last 7-8 years and don't believe I've ever seen that.

They have the "Sol Patrol" now that do various trampoline dunks during longer breaks in action. Occasionally the Gorilla will get involved and do a dunk or two with them but he's not really featured anymore in an athletic capacity, its more comedy stuff with him.
LAME

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave