Just a Thought

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Did playing Murray after the middle of quarter 3 make more sense than playing him some in preseason? I know he needed more work, especially with Brown, but how much better would they have been if they’d worked a little at game speed before playing KC. Will Kingsbury ever learn that lesson? Of course if you just plug Brown into the same old offense, maybe it doesn’t matter.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a lot of thoughts.
“It looked like our first preseason game.”
Could you say it any “ wronger” ?
Who made the decision not to play any starters in preseason? Kingsbury? Was he ordered by Kiem to do it?
Whoever made the decision is an idiot.

We are relegated to watching a sub par team perform below that generous grade. I wish we were doing hard knocks right now. The locker room has to be a hot mess.
Wake up calls? Loss was good for us?
Plenty of wake up calls but they apparently keep hitting the snooze button.
If things go on like this Kingsbury has got to go and/ or there should be a major sell off before the trade deadline. Neither will happen.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did playing Murray after the middle of quarter 3 make more sense than playing him some in preseason? I know he needed more work, especially with Brown, but how much better would they have been if they’d worked a little at game speed before playing KC. Will Kingsbury ever learn that lesson? Of course if you just plug Brown into the same old offense, maybe it doesn’t matter.
How much more would the team have been hurt if that happened?

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've been on the starters need some reps in preseason all along

Evident we were very rusty

IMO the offense and KM needed as much work as possible

You can't just flip a switch and everything works
They picked up right where they left off in the playoffs. They were out coached out played out hustled and 100% unprepared by the coaching staff. It just seems to be getting worse by the game.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I don’t think a team can hide from injury. People like Moore and Ertz likely ran the same routes at their regular speed. I would agree with holding out Injury prone guys, like Watt, tough some might put Murray in that category. Of course Murray would wear the no-hits red vest.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There’s a huge train of thought out there that if you don’t practice like you play you can induce injuries. That you’re more likely to incur them. I’m not so sure the people that subscribe to that are wrong?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a huge train of thought out there that if you don’t practice like you play you can induce injuries. That you’re more likely to incur them. I’m not so sure the people that subscribe to that are wrong?
I'm not sure. How many people would be irate if Kyler had a season ending injury in preseason so he can get reps though?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure. How many people would be irate if Kyler had a season ending injury in preseason so he can get reps though?
Not me. Kyler isn’t good enough to not take preseason reps…nowhere close to good enough. geno freaking smith looks better than the weak, soft, mentally disconnected, leadership lacking Kyler Murray.

He gets hurt, next man up. Andy Reid played Mahomes in two preseason games

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not me. Kyler isn’t good enough to not take preseason reps…nowhere close to good enough. geno freaking smith looks better than the weak, soft, mentally disconnected, leadership lacking Kyler Murray.

He gets hurt, next man up. Andy Reid played Mahomes in two preseason games

Yea I’m with ya the Bills played Josh Allen too. Tampa Tom Brady in the last game etc…

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I rarely if ever comment on anything albeit a member for 15 (yrs)? BUT I will say this. If I was "signing" the big checks and lived through the horror show all these years, and was paying a coach and gm and they said "we were not prepared..." for game 1 after last years debacle, they would get one more check and be gone....that is outrageous at this time....outrageous!!!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't buy for a second the reason we got waxed by KC is that we didn't play the starters in preseason.

If they had played every snap we still would have gotten beaten, and likely still blown out.

Our problem as everyone should have already realized is our defensive talent is putrid. This team will have to win offensive shootouts, and at our best without Hopkins I don't think we can match what KC can do offensively.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't buy for a second the reason we got waxed by KC is that we didn't play the starters in preseason.

If they had played every snap we still would have gotten beaten, and likely still blown out.

Our problem as everyone should have already realized is our defensive talent is putrid. This team will have to win offensive shootouts, and at our best without Hopkins I don't think we can match what KC can do offensively.
Yup. The defensive gameplan was the worst I can ever remember on a team that has been bad for decades.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Agreed but nobody is saying has Kyler played in preseason the Cardinals would have won. We are suggesting that the offense might have looked more ready for game one and we wouldn’t be subjected to asinine statements like we were from Kyler and Kliff

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if they actually wanted to play more starters in the preseason but just couldn’t based on the amount of injuries they already had. It’s not like they don’t know that’s a risk in week one either way.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
As a soccer coach for 25 years at different levels, there is one thing I always believed in, you play like you practice. I've seen it with many teams, when we had a bad practice or two before a game, our effort in the game reflected our practice. Nothing drove me crazier than seeing the team let an inferior opponent hang around in a game because our practice beforehand was dismal.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

But we never even threatened to match - that’s how bad we were offensively too.