Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Probably a minority opinion, but Chris Pratt annoys the hell out of me. At best I find him passable.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, absolutely nobody is saying, "Hey! It's that dude from Passengers!"

But I didn't mention passengers? I literally heard kids exclaim "It's Starlord!" So I dont know what your point is. I also said it was a pointless discussion :p

Does anyone say; Hey it's the guy from Enders Game! When Harrison Ford appears on screen? I was just talking about how kids see actors as Icons and wonderin who this generations will be.

Reaction score
But I didn't mention passengers? I literally heard kids exclaim "It's Starlord!" So I dont know what your point is. I also said it was a pointless discussion :p

Does anyone say; Hey it's the guy from Enders Game! When Harrison Ford appears on screen? I was just talking about how kids see actors as Icons and wonderin who this generations will be.

Chap seems to be a bit snobbish with his responses at times.Don't know what his deal is with your post but I get what you are saying.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I definitely think Starlord is one of this generation's icons but he's got to have another REALLY big breakout character... one where he's a solo (no pun intended) star character to be an icon himself at this point.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’M snobbish? I was agreeing with him! He implied that Pratt isn’t known for his dramatic chops, so OF COURSE nobody references Passengers!

To get an out of the blue personal attack is vile and childish, especially since I was AGREEING with him!!

Feel free to put me on ignore.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Boys it's all good! We good! FEEL THE LOVE! <3

This is all Chris Pratt's fault. :p I agree with most of the sentiment here tho truly. I dont think he's horrible, he's just far better suited for roles like Starlord. Even in this film, he's great when he's being funny. The whole; "Just remember if I dont make it back, you're the one who made me come here." His delivery is great he has good comedic timing. Contrast that with like when he was trying to be super serious and talk to the little girl,,,, not so much.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I thought the first act of this movie was pretty damn entertaining. Massive park set-piece, super over the top, but fun, exciting, lots of huge screen entertainment... even a somewhat haunting beautiful moment as the ship leaves the island and as the Bronto is engulfed in flames.

But holyyyyyyyy craaaaaaaaaap did the movie suck once it turned into Jurassic Auction. My lord. I mean, people go to those movies to see Dinos either in majestic or terrifying form. Not to see them locked in cages. The last 1:45 of that movie was atrocious... basically just a set-up for a trilogy. They could have made a great popcorn flick if all hell just broke loose when they got back to the mainland and the Dinos let loose. That's the movie everyone really wanted to see... they just made us sit through an entire other movie before we got there.

Freaking lame.
My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I thought the first act of this movie was pretty damn entertaining. Massive park set-piece, super over the top, but fun, exciting, lots of huge screen entertainment... even a somewhat haunting beautiful moment as the ship leaves the island and as the Bronto is engulfed in flames.

But holyyyyyyyy craaaaaaaaaap did the movie suck once it turned into Jurassic Auction. My lord. I mean, people go to those movies to see Dinos either in majestic or terrifying form. Not to see them locked in cages. The last 1:45 of that movie was atrocious... basically just a set-up for a trilogy. They could have made a great popcorn flick if all hell just broke loose when they got back to the mainland and the Dinos let loose. That's the movie everyone really wanted to see... they just made us sit through an entire other movie before we got there.

Freaking lame.
Yup, I was thinking the same thing. Once they left the island it turned into a borefest. They sure set it up for the next one though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave