Jurassic World (aka JP4)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
So? Do you think it would have been improved? They set out to make a certain type of film, and they accomplished it, script or no script. These aren't a bunch of teenagers with a consumer Sony Hi-8 camera.

I think there were plenty of missed opportunities. All the JPs are monster flicks, but there is something more in the other films. Instead of a cautionary tale about man playing God or environmentalism, or whatever; we got a lot of "RUN!!!" :ROAR!!!:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think there were plenty of missed opportunities. All the JPs are monster flicks, but there is something more in the other films. Instead of a cautionary tale about man playing God or environmentalism, or whatever; we got a lot of "RUN!!!" :ROAR!!!:

True, and nobody is arguing that. The question is if they did that well, and IMO I think they did. I think it's the "fun" installment of the series, whether or not you think it's actually fun.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bryce Dallas Howard Explains Infamous Jurassic World High Heels Scene

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/131088853351/bryce-dallas-howard-explains-infamous-jurassic

‘Jurassic World’ finished the summer as the third-highest grossing movie OF ALL TIME taking over £1bn at the global box office, and yet, much of the conversation at the time focused on Bryce Dallas Howard’s character Claire’s choice of footwear.

Her insistence on wearing high-heels throughout the movie, including a memorable scene that sees her outrunning a T-Rex in stilettos, was dismissed as “lazy filmmaking” by Vulture and called “one tiny but maddening detail” that set up the film to “fail” by The Dissolve.

The actress herself disagrees. She explained to Yahoo why her character’s footwear choice is totally “logical” for the movie, seemingly putting the conversation to bed once and for all.

“[Claire] is ill-equipped to be in the jungle. This person does not belong in the jungle,” reasons Bryce.

“And then when she ends up in the jungle it’s how does this person adapt to being in the jungle?”

“From a logical standpoint I don’t think she would take off her heels,” she adds.

“I don’t think she would choose to be barefoot. I don’t think she would run faster barefoot in the jungle with vines and stones.”

“I’m better equipped to run when I have shoes on my feet. So that’s my perspective on it. I don’t think she would carry around flats with her. I think she’s somebody who could sprint a marathon in heels.”

“For me, it was actually logical for her to be in that very illogical situation because she doesn’t belong in the jungle and yet she finds herself there and has to adapt.”

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it last night. Agree with others, fun movie not great not "new" but they made it fun.

I kind of saw the ending coming but it still was kind of cool.

I had no idea that was Ron Howard's daughter.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it last night. Agree with others, fun movie not great not "new" but they made it fun.

I kind of saw the ending coming but it still was kind of cool.

I had no idea that was Ron Howard's daughter.

Me either!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good popcorn flick. Predictable, but lotsa dino action with very good effects. However..... the stiletto high heels were hardly the only problem. How about the fuel for the jeep (the one the 2 boys found) still being combustible/flammable after 20 years? How about the tires holding air for 20 years? How about the rolled up Jurassic Park banner on a stick burning for more than a minute or so? And more than a few more....

But as Wayne Campbell would say.... "It's a movie, Garth!!!!" :D

4 out of 5 stars for good, rollicking, popcorn fare.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Good popcorn flick. Predictable, but lotsa dino action with very good effects. However..... the stiletto high heels were hardly the only problem. How about the fuel for the jeep (the one the 2 boys found) still being combustible/flammable after 20 years? How about the tires holding air for 20 years? How about the rolled up Jurassic Park banner on a stick burning for more than a minute or so? And more than a few more....

But as Wayne Campbell would say.... "It's a movie, Garth!!!!" :D

4 out of 5 stars for good, rollicking, popcorn fare.

For popcorn fare, it's MAYBE a 2.5 for me. As a movie, it's probably a 0.5. When there are more problem scenes than non-problem scenes, it's a problem :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave