Jumanji: The Next Level

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm fascinated by The Rock impersonating Danny DeVito for an entire movie.

Although I was waiting for a major cameo because they never took into account who Spencer was in the game.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this seems so unnecessary and I havent watched the video yet but these comments make it sound like its actually something. Interesting.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jumanji: The Next Level

Release date: December 13, 2019
Studio: Sony Pictures
Director: N/A
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriters: Scott Rosenberg, Jeff Pinkner
Genre: Comedy, Action, Adventure

Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, Karen Gillan, Nora 'Awkwafina' Lum, Danny DeVito

Plot Summary: In Jumanji: The Next Level, the gang is back but the game has changed. As they return to Jumanji to rescue one of their own, they discover that nothing is as they expect. The players will have to brave parts unknown and unexplored, from the arid deserts to the snowy mountains, in order to escape the world’s most dangerous game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soooooo fun! Right there with the first one and now set up for a third!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fascinated by The Rock impersonating Danny DeVito for an entire movie.

Although I was waiting for a major cameo because they never took into account who Spencer was in the game.
interesting twist to that part

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The first one was actually pretty fun and way better then my family expected.

we will be seeing this one

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soooooo fun! Right there with the first one and now set up for a third!

it was fun and we enjoyed it for sure... However wasn’t impressed with the Asian girls character.... very blah

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
it was fun and we enjoyed it for sure... However wasn’t impressed with the Asian girls character.... very blah
Disagree there. Awkwafina is terrific. She does a great impersonation as well (if you’ve seen the movie you know what I’m talking about).

Possibly the most fun I’ve had at the movies this year. Yep, not embarrassed by that.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I saw this last night but I don't know if I liked it or not. I couldn't really follow the story, but I also kept stepping out to go sit at the bar and watch the coyotes game.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree there. Awkwafina is terrific. She does a great impersonation as well (if you’ve seen the movie you know what I’m talking about).

Possibly the most fun I’ve had at the movies this year. Yep, not embarrassed by that.

Took the family to see this yesterday. We really enjoyed it as a family movie. Although I have to say these last two films just don't feel the same being a video game but still entertaining. Loved the nod to the original film as well.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great addition to the franchise with a clever cameo to tie it all together.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Agreed. It was rip-roaring fun, and she was awesome. Great impersonation, as you say.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally liked the previous one better but still enjoyed this version. It was fun to see these actors take on different personalities with the same characters.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
My expectations were low, but I was pleasantly surprised and entertained by this film. This was the first movie I've seen in a ScreenX theater. The wall screens felt unnecessary and distracting at times, but still an interesting experience.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This was by far the funniest movie I have seen in awhile. Jack Black doing burpees had me rolling! Not used to saying a sequel was better then the first, but this one was.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the family to see this yesterday. We really enjoyed it as a family movie. Although I have to say these last two films just don't feel the same being a video game but still entertaining. Loved the nod to the original film as well.

This

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We're on opposite ends on this movie, I really disliked it. But I agree on Awkwafina, for me she was one of the few bright spots.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're on opposite ends on this movie, I really disliked it. But I agree on Awkwafina, for me she was one of the few bright spots.

i was really surprised by how much I was disappointed in this movie. I had a really good time watching Welcome To The Jungle, but the biggest problem with this movie was that The Rock just couldn't pull off Danny DeVito at all. and It was just boring. I've tried to make it to the end 3 times and haven't come close.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is just downright fun. This is better than the one from a few years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA