Josh Rosen is the Starter

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Sounds like the kid was nervous about how Bradford would interact with him today

I don’t think that Bradford acted maturely at the end of the game yesterday. I didn’t like him lying down on the field with his arms extended after turning the ball over and I did t like him keeping on his helmet and holding his arms behind his back when Rosen came in. This is his time to pay it forward and teach the youngster. I think Josh is ready to learn. He has been receptive in workouts with Aaron Rodgers.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think that Bradford acted maturely at the end of the game yesterday. I didn’t like him lying down on the field with his arms extended after turning the ball over and I did t like him keeping on his helmet and holding his arms behind his back when Rosen came in. This is his time to pay it forward and teach the youngster. I think Josh is ready to learn. He has been receptive in workouts with Aaron Rodgers.
Bradford putting his helmet back on really shocked me as well

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Bradford putting his helmet back on really shocked me as well

The man who was so overpaid that he changed the rookie pay scale sulking on the sideline. I remember Warner coaching up both Josh McCown and Matt Leinart before his triumphant and unexpected return

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
The man who was so overpaid that he changed the rookie pay scale sulking on the sideline. I remember Warner coaching up both Josh McCown and Matt Leinart before his triumphant and unexpected return

Why does everyone keep saying that? I didn't see him sulking ... he was watching from the sideline. He gave JR3 a shoulder tap when he went in the game; prior to that he had given him a head tap also.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Sorry, but regardless of his play Bradford has been all class. Maybe he felt bad because he failed after all the crap he has done, going all over the damn globe to fix his knees and then he lets his team down. Maybe this is not a competition thing for him but upset after all the hard work and then seeing it crumble. Personally, you have no right knowing this to say he acted without class in a game driven by passion to succeed. Rosen's interaction and respect for him which is closer than you will ever be to Bradford should tell you your opinion is way off

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
To me Bradford seemed classy about it all. The holding your head moment seemed real to me, the keeping your helmet on might just be shock. I am glad no one ever filmed my dreams dying in real time on national tv cause I'd probably have acted a lot less classy about it.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sam Bradford is a consummate professional and a good leader (otherwise, he wouldn't be a captain). The guy has been thru a ton in his career w/r/t injuries. Despite the money he's made, it's evident that Sam just wants to play and doesn't want the injuries to be the landmark of his career. For him to put his head on the turf is a natural upset reaction, as he knew right then, his career as an NFL starter is likely over.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Sam Bradford is a consummate professional and a good leader (otherwise, he wouldn't be a captain). The guy has been thru a ton in his career w/r/t injuries. Despite the money he's made, it's evident that Sam just wants to play and doesn't want the injuries to be the landmark of his career. For him to put his head on the turf is a natural upset reaction, as he knew right then, his career as an NFL starter is likely over.

Likely yes, but stranger things have happened. On a solid team if his knee holds up and he's able to shake any lingering fears he might have then I'd say he can still play.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was the only decision to be made but I sure am glad we made it.

Josh is going to take some lumps for sure with this offense and these WR's but you gotta give the team some positive momentum and some motivation and this could do it.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Likely yes, but stranger things have happened. On a solid team if his knee holds up and he's able to shake any lingering fears he might have then I'd say he can still play.
SF seems like an obvious possibility but for some reason, my gut is telling me a reunion with McDaniels might be where he'd go. Not sure NE has the picks to burn on a trade but if Bradford gets released, I could see him as a reclamation project/Brady insurance.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posted on facebook by Jurecki:

#AZCardinals QB Josh Rosen: "Anything can happen and something has happened, so it doesn't change my preparation at all. I'm always balls to the wall all the time."‬

:jedi:

Lnewcards:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More Rosen: "I will not run a play on the football field unless I know why we are running it and what we are trying to accomplish. That’s just how I function."

:notworthy:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sam Bradford is also the luckies football player in the history of American football. There's not one player that beats him in that category or is even close to it.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sam Bradford is also the luckies football player in the history of American football. There's not one player that beats him in that category or is even close to it.
Nah, that would be Chase Daniel. The dude has made millions as a backup with very little playing time and will be able to live his life after football with the ability to walk.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Nah, that would be Chase Daniel. The dude has made millions as a backup with very little playing time and will be able to live his life after football with the ability to walk.

Sam bradford’s Rookie contract was so outrageous that the league changed the pay scale. He milked the system thereafter

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Umm... Kevin Kolb??
Neither Daniel nor Kolb has made even one fourth of the salary that Bradford has made in his NFL career.

First his ridiculous rookie contract made the league change the rules on rookie payscale and then the Chip Kelly Eagles overpaid like hell and gave him a 2 yr $36 MILLION contract.

Then the Cardinals dumb*** GM gives him $40M over 2 years with FIFTEEN MILLION DOLLARS guaranteed.

I don't blame him for taking advantage of the stupid NFL teams but he's still extremely lucky for it.

He's been the most injury prone starting QB of his generation and even when available, his play is subpar at best.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Neither Daniel nor Kolb has made even one fourth of the salary that Bradford has made in his NFL career.

First his ridiculous rookie contract made the league change the rules on rookie payscale and then the Chip Kelly Eagles overpaid like hell and gave him a 2 yr $36 MILLION contract.

Then the Cardinals dumb*** GM gives him $40M over 2 years with FIFTEEN MILLION DOLLARS guaranteed.

I don't blame him for taking advantage of the stupid NFL teams but he's still extremely lucky for it.

He's been the most injury prone starting QB of his generation and even when available, his play is subpar at best.

Neither of those guys have nearly the service time or hit the max rookie max scale. Bradford has a few good seasons under his belt while those guys were backups at best. Although I’d side with Chase Daniel or Matt Flynn because all the money in the world won’t fix Bradford/Kolb’s bodies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose