Josh Jackson update

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by NashDishesDimes, Nov 1, 2019.

1. NashDishesDimes

NashDishesDimes Registered

I guess he is in the G league with Grizz who the Suns play tomorrow. They decided yesterday not to pickup his 8.9m player option so he will be a FA after this season.

i dont think this guy will ever have a role in the league mostly for three reasons:

1. His basketball IQ is 0/100
    2. He thinks hes Kobe and he needs to emulate a shawn marion type instead
    3. His work ethic is probably not there but he should be humbled a little now

lets all have a moment of silence and thank Josh for leaving and not subjecting our eyes to that horrid basketball any longer.

thats all.

elindholm, pokerface and BC867 like this.
  2. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

Probably the most wrong I have ever been about a pick. Thought he was the best player in that draft, but that was obviously a long way off.

pokerface and SirStefan32 like this.
  3. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Could’ve sworn he tried a 720 layup for Atlanta last night..

4. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Interesting comparison. I wasn't very impressed by him at Duke but I gave a little credence to the speculation that he had to play a different game because of Barrett and Zion.

5. TJ

TJ Suge White

Ditto. I laughed at Boston taking Tatum over JJ. Whoops.

Dback Jon likes this.
  6. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Yeah. Me too on that one. I think the sad thing is that he could have been the best player in that draft. There is no substitute for shooting for a wing in today’s NBA. That’s not the only issue but it’s a major one.

7. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

There were 2 players talked about as potential top 5 picks that I wanted no part of, Josh and Fultz. I liked Ball a lot and thought he'd be great but I took him off my wish list because of his father. As most here know, if I'd been picking, we'd have Markkanen but knowing we weren't taking him, I was hoping Tatum would be there for us. But as bad as Jackson was, I think I'd be even more depressed if we had taken Tatum and had to pay him as the star he'll likely never become.

And the funny thing on Josh was, despite not liking his game at Kansas, I actually became a huge supporter of his that first offseason so I can easily understand how we made that mistake. I'm still struggling to understand why we took Len, Chriss or Bender. At the time, I wasn't against or for Bender but I did assume (mistakenly, obviously) that the front office had real intel on him and his game. Len was a horrible pick in a horrible draft so we get a little bit of a pass there. Chriss was just proof that our decision makers were scouting via highlight reels.

Mainstreet likes this.
  8. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Same

9. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

This is what happened with the player I wanted, De'Aaron Fox. It became apparent before the draft the Suns were not going to draft him. I tried to like Jackson. The difference between the two was the Suns needed a point guard. Although Fox was not a great shooter, he would always be able to get to the rim and create. Markkanen would have been a great pick as well.

AzStevenCal and GatorAZ like this.
  10. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

I liked Tatum more....because he had real, definable skills instead of "amazing athlete who sucks at shooting".

Mainstreet likes this.
  11. Ouchie-Z-Clown

You were right. It’ll be interesting to see how he advances. His numbers are up but his 3 point shooting (18/37) likely isn’t sustainable and he’s shooting sub .400 from 2 this season.

12. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

I was really high on Jackson. I still maintain that he has what it takes to be a very good NBA player, but he is just not all there mentally. Perhaps he'll figure it out in a couple of years?

13. Mainstreet

Shooting is one of the reasons I'm keeping my eye on RJ Barrett of the Knicks. Thus far his shot has been fine but I thought this could give him trouble. He is a tremendous athlete otherwise.

14. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Physically I think there’s no doubt. But if the brain and skills never catch up to the physical abilities it’s a never-gonna-happen.

Krangthebrain and SirStefan32 like this.
  15. Mainstreet

Sometimes I think Josh Jackson is a taller version of Archie Goodwin. I kept waiting for Archie but it never happened.

Krangthebrain likes this.