Josh Howard is DIRTY

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
For all those who taped the game, go back to the part where he elbowed Amare in the nuts. You can tell that first move was intentional by the look in his eyes. But the thing that pisses me off is what he did after. When Amare was on his knees in pain, Howard sees him and proceed to do a tiger knee onto Amare's back, obviously trying to injure him. Dirty bastard, now I hate the Mavs as much as I hate the Lakers.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Howard learned that trick from Avery Johnson. Last summer, a YouTube clip was circulating in which Johnson slapped Howard "down there" while gesturing from the bench. The clip showed the scene several times, in various stages of slow motion, each more hilarious than the last. Someone should post the link again.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Or it could be a case of Amare defending outside of the paint while standing straight up. J-Ho was driving and had his body lowered to power his drive, meaning that Amare was defending rather lazily by standing straight up. Something you learn not to do when you begin playing organized basketball.

The immediate play afterwards in which Amare was barrelled over was a result of Amare's kneeling in pain near the basket, J-Ho was still involved in a play and was facing the basket so when he turned to run down the court he had no idea Amare was doubled over.

That's my recollection.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also carries the ball on every play it seems...i was so annoyed at the refs for not calling it.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
If by 3-step rule you mean 2 steps, then no it's not annoying.

No, I think he actually meant three-step rule. And I laughed like hell when I saw that elbow. . . sorry I had to admit that. I'd be a liar if I didn't. . . . and I laughed harder when he ran over Amare.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No, I think he actually meant three-step rule. And I laughed like hell when I saw that elbow. . . sorry I had to admit that. I'd be a liar if I didn't. . . . and I laughed harder when he ran over Amare.

Give me a break, this was a game where fouls were called left and right, and how many did Dirk have? 2!! That's just awful, considering he was over-the-back all night.

Steve Nash got away with a travel, so freaking what. It's not his fault the refs didn't call it. If they would have, it would have been the right call.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
For all those who taped the game, go back to the part where he elbowed Amare in the nuts. You can tell that first move was intentional by the look in his eyes. But the thing that pisses me off is what he did after. When Amare was on his knees in pain, Howard sees him and proceed to do a tiger knee onto Amare's back, obviously trying to injure him. Dirty bastard, now I hate the Mavs as much as I hate the Lakers.

Can someone post the video on youtube please?

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Looks like he is trying to steal away Jason Terry's nuts puncher title.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

I'll be laughing when Dirk blows out a knee, can't wait and I think of you when it happens.

Heavy D

Rookie
Reaction score
I laugh everytime I think of Dirk's dental configuration. Dude can eat an apple through a chain link fence with those buck teeth of his.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave