Jordan Hicks

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There literally is no such thing as football "instincts". An instinct, by definition, is an innate, unlearned behavior.

People who are said to have football "instincts" are in fact mentally processing things very quickly and subconsciously recognizing patterns, as a result of film study, mental preparation, and countless reps. This is exactly what Ouchie is referring to as "the cerebral part of the game."

...dave

Great post.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can understand the game perfectly but still be too slow by a few steps to be effective. That's Hicks. No, his DL didn't help him one bit against Minny, which may have helped paper over some of the cracks in his game, but make no mistake, those cracks are there and clearly visible.
While true it fails to take into consideration his role in setting the defense. An someone else do it? Apparently not Collins yet. Maybe Simmons, but he’s still green abd it took him awhile to get to speed. Maybe budda, but he likely hasn’t ever done it before.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
While true it fails to take into consideration his role in setting the defense. An someone else do it? Apparently not Collins yet. Maybe Simmons, but he’s still green abd it took him awhile to get to speed. Maybe budda, but he likely hasn’t ever done it before.
Unfortunately, you're probably right. Which is sad--we shouldn't have to play a guy that hinders the D JUST for this reason. I assume Simmons will never be able to do it because they move him around so much and you can't really call the D from the LOS on the edge. As to why Budda can't do it, I have no idea.

AzRedbird69

Rookie
Reaction score
I saw what I saw!
I agree. I saw Hicks overrun 3 different plays that resulted in big gains up the middle. On Cousins run up the gut, Hicks followed the HB in the flat when there was already a defender there, leaving the middle WIDE OPEN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA