Jordan Hicks given permission by team to seek trade

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I support this. If Collins was going to be the pick, I had felt he'd just sit around on the bench most of the year. At least now we get to try to get someone on the field and grow with the team instead of having him play in 6 games, panicking, and drafting another ILB in the first next year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can choose to be super negative about it, I simply choose not to. We're all in with two top tier MLB draft picks and I'm pumped for it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Nice hyperbole doubling down on your previous horrible take. Never did I say I am “super negative” on it. I think it’s an unnecessary risk to construct a roster where you don’t have anyone with worthwhile experience at two starting spots. Collins, Simmons and Vallejo combine for 8 starts in their careers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of releasing Hicks. A trade is more palatable but I like the idea of depth especially with Collins never playing a down in the NFL. I hope Hicks checks the market and he decides to stay.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice hyperbole doubling down on your previous horrible take. Never did I say I am “super negative” on it. I think it’s an unnecessary risk to construct a roster where you don’t have anyone with worthwhile experience at two starting spots. Collins, Simmons and Vallejo combine for 8 starts in their careers.
Perception is reality. Bust of luck on the pessimism.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hicks isn't good, but proclaiming a kid from Tulsa the starter and alienating a leader on D to the point he requests a trade is just stupid.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So Hicks doesn't think he can beat out Collins & has no interest in mentoring cause of playing time incentives tied to contract I'm guessing?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Hicks doesn't think he can beat out Collins & has no interest in mentoring cause of playing time incentives tied to contract I'm guessing?

for all we know, we drafted collins and said expect him to start and hicks is upset about it and wants out. If so, handwringing is just handwringing.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keim is from my neck of the woods here in PA, and I know some of his old buddies. If Keim could have strangled Joseph last year for not playing Simmons, he WOULD have. Bottom line, you don’t draft a player at 8, and sit him on the bench until midseason. Especially when your D is below average to begin with.

Really? Keim signed Campbell to fill the inside role next to Hicks and he played well initially, and the "D" was not below average..

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it’s about what hicks believes when he’s told his starting spot has been given to a kid without competing in camp.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a reason why the DOT goes to an inside linebacker.

:shrug:

Unless you have two raw ILBs. You dont just follow a general guidance when you have an abnormal situation. But, you know, we could keep the guy who is declining and not playing great just because of a green dot?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Perception is reality. Bust of luck on the pessimism.
Great football argument!

Healthy prior experience-based skepticism is not pessimism.

which of the following courses of action do you think results in failure at a greater rate:

A) healthy competition between an experienced mid-career vet and high draft pick rookie, with the vet as a fallback option (my preference)

B) relying on a rookie without a single practice snap with no seasoned veteran as a fallback (your preference)

pretty sure history is likely to favor A

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great football argument!

Healthy prior experience-based skepticism is not pessimism.

which of the following courses of action do you think results in failure at a greater rate:

A) healthy competition between an experienced mid-career vet and high draft pick rookie, with the vet as a fallback option (my preference)

B) relying on a rookie without a single practice snap with no seasoned veteran as a fallback (your preference)

pretty sure history is likely to favor A

Sure.

What is the mid career vet says I want no part of this?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hits me odd that he is telling Hicks to trade himself. Isn't that the GMs job? Will our GM start providing permission for draft picks to find a trade for the Cards to move back or up?

Jordan is doing his own trading. Now teams know he is tradable and will be able to talk with the cards about it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone needs to chill. It's not the first time in NFL history a round 1 player has been drafted and a team has penciled him in to start right away while jettisoning the vet he's replacing.

The Ravens did it just last year with Josh Bynes for Patrick Queen and Bynes had been playing much better than Hicks.

I never understood why we cut Bynes. He was a good dude on a cheap deal. There's a guy you could bring back for vet depth for next to nothing.

Even if Collin's isn't great it would be very hard for him to be worse than Hicks was last year. So you may as well play the rookie, let him get up to speed faster.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Projected Starter. 8 where drafted by the Cardinals. Most backups are 25 or younger. I'd like to see a vet CB and DL brought in.

DT 94 Allen, Zach Age 23
NT 95 Fotu, Leki Age 22
RDE 99 WATT, JJ Age 32
SLB 55 JONES, CHANDLER Age 31
ILB 48 Simmons, Isaiah Age 22
ILB 25 Collins, Zaven Age 21
OLB 44 GOLDEN, MARKUS Age 30
LCB 21 BUTLER, MALCOLM Age 31
SS 34 Jalen Thompson Age 22
FS 32 Baker, Budda Age 25
RCB 23 ALFORD, ROBERT Age 32
NB 33 Murphy, Byron Age 23

Man that's a D riddled with question marks and holes.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Results will vary obviously, but at least we’re young somewhere else other than safety.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose