Jordan and Pippen esque?

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched the highlights of the game last night and was struck with the repeated steals by Booker leading to break away baskets, and Bridges with his slashing buckets, nailing his outside shots and playing intense D, all the while displaying supreme confidence. This may be blasphemy, but last night Booker and Bridges reminded me of the Jordan and Pippen tandem. Of course, I am not saying that they are on their level at this stage of their careers. But did anyone else get that vibe?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And this team is built for the playoffs. They say depth is does not matter as much in the playoffs. Maybe so, but it sure helps you to play stifling defense all game--which does help in the playoffs. It also give you a LOT more fouls to lay on people. You can play D and not worry about fouling out.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is true. I think one of the main reasons the Suns lost to Milwaukee is that Ayton got afraid of defending, knowing that there was no one behind him on the bench.
The odd thing about this is that when you are not worried about fouling, you seem to get more calls going your way. Being tentative draws foul calls.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The odd thing about this is that when you are not worried about fouling, you seem to get more calls going your way. Being tentative draws foul calls.
That's certainly true if you are a star player. Officials know how many fouls each star has, and give those players much more latitude when they are in foul trouble. (That's one of the reasons that the strategy of "Go at Star X because he has five fouls" usually backfires.) For non-stars, the relationship is less clear to me.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The depth at FC has been HUGE. IMO, the biggest difference. Last year, whenever Ayton got into foul trouble, the middle of the floor became an open invitation. The rebounding disappeared and the second chance points went through the roof. There were times when Monty would sit Ayton a little longer than he wanted to keep him out of foul trouble as well. Now? You throw McGee in there, you throw Biyombo and you have a ton of extra fouls. Not to mention legit big bodies that can wear you down without Ayton getting into foul trouble.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hamilton/Prince.
Yup. This team is the suped up version of that 2004 Pistons club. Not an exact match position by position but you can see the similarities all over the court and even on the bench.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yup. This team is the suped up version of that 2004 Pistons club. Not an exact match position by position but you can see the similarities all over the court and even on the bench.

Such a complete team for that era/style of NBA. Shut down Kobe/Shaq and Wade/Shaq in b2b years.