Joker 2

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black Adam is supposed to be a reset to take another stab at bringing the universe back together. Seems pointless at this point for more standalone disjointed DCMU movies.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I thought it was one of the better comic book movies. I like the approach of making heroes/villains more like real people, not slapstick, campy crap.
It has a massive pacing problem. They could have cut out 40 minutes of this movie and you would have missed nothing. It's completely disconnected as well which is one of the biggest complaints by DC fans. No plan.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It has a massive pacing problem. They could have cut out 40 minutes of this movie and you would have missed nothing. It's completely disconnected as well which is one of the biggest complaints by DC fans. No plan.
Very much so. Probably half of that could have been the repeated creepy dancing lol

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just more proof DC is still a massive mess. First they were going to reset and bring everything together via Black Adam. Then Gun said everything would be connected. Then backed off that because of the Batman and this film.

It's the equivalent of DC saying we are going to stabilize this raft by putting only one paddle on one side of the boat.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Just more proof DC is still a massive mess. First they were going to reset and bring everything together via Black Adam. Then Gun said everything would be connected. Then backed off that because of the Batman and this film.

It's the equivalent of DC saying we are going to stabilize this raft by putting only one paddle on one side of the boat.
Not everything has to follow the MCU formula.

You may not have liked the last Joker movie, but it was very well received by many. It has an 8.4/10 rating on IMDB which would put it among the better movies ever made.

Black Adam was a disaster I'll give you, but the stand alone movies have actually been better than DC's attempt to build a universe. Maybe Gunn can fix it and I hope he can because the Justice League is just an awesome group of heroes when you look at them in their entirety.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not everything has to follow the MCU formula.

You may not have liked the last Joker movie, but it was very well received by many. It has an 8.4/10 rating on IMDB which would put it among the better movies ever made.

Black Adam was a disaster I'll give you, but the stand alone movies have actually been better than DC's attempt to build a universe. Maybe Gunn can fix it and I hope he can because the Justice League is just an awesome group of heroes when you look at them in their entirety.
This has nothing to do with Marvel. DC multiple times has tried to chart the direction, resets, new direction and the new new directions for the verse. They billed Black Adam as the reset. Then JG came out and said there would be no disconnected properties and that everything from the comics to the TV and film universes would be connected going forward. Now they are saying Flash will serve as as another reset but it now muddies the waters with Joker and the Batman franchises which they say will likely not fall into the reorganization. This is right after saying that wouldn't be the case in the future.

Dude it's mess. Marvel has nothing to do with DCs inability to form a coherent plan and stick to it. The reason Marvel has had so much success is because they had a plan and din't have disjointed properties confusing general audiences which are essential to keeping this sustainable. I have heard DC fans clammoring for a similar path forever. DC fans deserve better than this mess we have gotten to this point. That doesn't mean that during this mess there has not been good films. Maybe JG can straighten out some of this but it sounds like even his plans have been stunted a bit already.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved the first one and can't wait for this one. I love me Lady Gaga!

I don't want to brag ke anything, but.....
You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Marvel. DC multiple times has tried to chart the direction, resets, new direction and the new new directions for the verse. They billed Black Adam as the reset.
No. The Rock billed it as a reset. DC was never going to build around that failed property.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. The Rock billed it as a reset. DC was never going to build around that failed property.
The studio was waiting to see how the movie turned out. Before the movie came out, I read from articles that Black Adam was going to reset things by shifting the universe around that property. That was long before the movie came out. I am sure they were waiting to see if the movie was a hit. SMART. The original pitch was for a multiyear plan that involved Black Adam and Superman (played by Henry Cavill) that would have led to a Black Adam vs. Superman showdown shifting the verse to revolve around the next 4 films. The studio did the right thing and didn't commit until they had seen how it performed.

They were open to it which is why they approved HC cameo. Remember HC after talking to the studio also announced he was returning to the role. He wasn't talking about the Cameo. After the JG hire......“I will, after all, not be returning as Superman,” Cavill wrote. “After being told by the studio to announce my return back in October". So, before the JG hire HC was told by the studio to announce he was returning. Black Adam cameo was supposed to lead into something else or HC wouldn't have been under the impression from the studios he was back.

Even Zachery Levi said the original studio plan was to have Shazam face off with Black Adam. The Rock nixed the idea, changed the origin story of Black Adam and the new plan was to have Superman face off with him instead. The studio supported the direction. So, maybe there was no official announcement but clearly the studio thought there was a possibility of going there because of how they handled HC and changed things for Shazam.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is fake? Or real?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
DiscussingFilm
@DiscussingFilm
·
16m
New look at Lady Gaga and Joaquin Phoenix in ‘JOKER 2’.
You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose