John Wick

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Wick

Release Date: October 23, 2014 (2D theaters and IMAX, p.m. screenings)
Studio: Lionsgate
Director: Chad Stahelski
Screenwriter: Derek Kolstad
Genre: Action, Thriller
MPAA Rating: R (for strong and bloody violence throughout, language and brief drug use)
Website: JohnWickthemovie.com | Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Starring: Keanu Reeves, Michael Nyqvist, Alfie Allen, Adrianne Palicki, Dean Winters, Bridget Moynahan, Ian McShane, John Leguizmo, Willem Dafoe

Plot Summary: An ex-hitman comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that took everything from him. With New York City as his bullet-riddled playground, "John Wick" (Keanu Reeves) is a fresh and stylized take on the "assassin genre."

You must be registered for see images attach

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Surprisingly good. Even has a noir vibe for part of the movie.

Totally. I dug it a lot. Fun movie.

The close quarter fight scenes were badass. Great editing/choreography

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was BADASS.

Great action, world, humor and characters all around, even bit parts.

and a perfect Keanu movie where he probably only has 20 lines, but makes great use his physical action talents.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Keanu's best role ever was in Thumbsucker.

That's 'cause we all wanna be problemless. To fix ourselves. We look for some magic solution to make us all better, but none of us really know what we're doing. And why is that so bad? That's all we humans can do. Guess. Try. Hope. But, Justin, just pray you don't fool yourself into thinking you've got the answer. Because that's bull****. The trick is living without an answer. I think.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
this was BADASS.

Great action, world, humor and characters all around, even bit parts.

and a perfect Keanu movie where he probably only has 20 lines, but makes great use his physical action talents.

My absolute favorite part was when they canceled her membership to the Continental. :) Such a great scene. One does not break the rules of the Continental!!!

I felt like every character in this movie was nailed by their respective actors/actresses.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it. Glad Reeves finally played in another hit movie. Bout time.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
bought this DVD when it came out.....even my ol'lady loved it. The fast pace and simplicity was refreshing...we watched it again last night and were equally as entertained as the first time.

really glad I bought this one....

just learned that they have decided to do a sequel. John Wick 2.............. I am guessing it is due to the massive word of mouth advertising the original received....

I will see John Wick 2 as well when it comes out

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bought this DVD when it came out.....even my ol'lady loved it. The fast pace and simplicity was refreshing...we watched it again last night and were equally as entertained as the first time.

really glad I bought this one....

just learned that they have decided to do a sequel. John Wick 2.............. I am guessing it is due to the massive word of mouth advertising the original received....

I will see John Wick 2 as well when it comes out

this and the Dredd reboot were probably the best action movies that came out over the last two years outside of Fury Road. this one not only had awesome practical action, but a pretty subversive sense of humor throughout. Stoked to see it get the sequel it deserves.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
this and the Dredd reboot were probably the best action movies that came out over the last two years outside of Fury Road. this one not only had awesome practical action, but a pretty subversive sense of humor throughout. Stoked to see it get the sequel it deserves.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there. NOT stoked about a John Wick 2, however. I just can't see them recapturing that lightning in a bottle which was the first one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there. NOT stoked about a John Wick 2, however. I just can't see them recapturing that lightning in a bottle which was the first one.

probably not but if it's a choice between John Wick 2 and San Andreas 2 (which sadly is the state of Hollywood), give me John Wick 2 any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched this last night. The music was outstanding and Reeves did a great job.

Highly recommend for a fun shoot-em up type of action movie.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched this last night. The music was outstanding and Reeves did a great job.

Highly recommend for a fun shoot-em up type of action movie.

This movie i sHIGHLY underrated and was akick ass good time.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very excited to see how the trilogy turns out.

Nice. Didn't know that there would be more. I love these types of movies even though they are so unrealistic. It was entertaining to me

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Surprisingly good. Even has a noir vibe for part of the movie.

That's what I was thinking too. I knew it reminded of me of a certain kind of film, but I just couldn't place it. Very cool, fun film.