John Brown

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He has 2 more TDs than the Cards have had this season. Love he was cut so Chad Williams could light it up this year. Larry Fitz didnt need any help this year.

7 receptions 136 yards 2 TDs so far for Brown on Baltimore.

Dont worry Cards have Chad Williams and his total of:

0 receptions 0 yards and 0 Tds

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yup, I said this the other day on the Josh Gordon thread. The fact that this FO did not see the need to go out and get some help at WR or at least keep John Brown is laughable. I cannot believe guys who are paid big money to make decisions can be so clueless when it comes to positions of need

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was a total gamble due to his injuries the the last 2 years. I understand why they let him go, I am still not convinced he will stay healthy so I understood the move although it doesn't look so great at the moment.

Chad Williams has shown nothing - but he can't catch balls that are not thrown to him.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Many on this board have been saying how weak we are at wideout for months. That alone is concerning when we all know it but the people who get paid to evaluate ... dont. It's inexcusable

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, I think we brought in a couple of wr earlier this year to try out, but they didn't make the cut. We drafted one at #2 this year and one last year. Sounds like they (FO and coaches) are trying to me.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, I think we brought in a couple of wr earlier this year to try out, but they didn't make the cut. We drafted one at #2 this year and one last year. Sounds like they (FO and coaches) are trying to me.

The Cards really needed another vet, Kendall Wright is working out today.

Get Dez he can make catches with no space atleast

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cards really needed another vet, Kendall Wright is working out today.

Get Dez he can make catches with no space atleast

Dez is just a name and nothing more that people are infatuated because of his name.. The Cowboys let him go for a reason and he drops way too many balls at this point in his career and wants way too much money

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dumb thread... His health was of large concern and the main reason he was let go... was useless for 2 full season here... Hard to argue the release in anyway shape or form.
Its a good thread when you compare Williams to Brown. I also said why Dez fits, he can make catches with no separation, have you watched any dallas games when he played? Him and Dak didnt work, I am throwing a name out there, who's better than Dez, out there? This is the worst Cardinals team Ive ever seen, time for desperate measures.

Dumb Keim should have tried to land Gordon, keep going low risk high reward and you eventually hit. Having no balls and going Bradford and Williams, is just sitting around with a thumb up your butt happy being complacent. Teams like the Pats gamble all the time and they hit and its worth the risk, if they suck or are locker room Cancers you cut then it isnt that hard.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
As of September 16, 2018 here are some WRs still available to sign
Brittan Golden
Breshad Perriman
Jeremy Maclin
Dontrelle Inman
Dez Bryant
Kendall Wright
Kenny Britt
Malcolm Mitchell
Brandon Tate
Marquis Bundy
Markus Wheaton
Any of these can probably run a better route than Williams has been running. Even Carlton Agudosi can contribute more. Hell trade with Seattle just to get Jaron Brown back. How much can he cost?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Letting John Brown sign elsewhere was a fine decision. Not signing a serviceable WR to replace him was a bad decision. The group of cast offs we brought in for camp was a joke.

This. It's doesn't have anything to do with the specific player (i.e. Gordon, Brown, etc...). They needed to bring in or keep some competent Veteran WR's to push the young guys.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mitchell if healthy looked really good on the Pats, Coleman wouldn't be bad either

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mitchell if healthy looked really good on the Pats, Coleman wouldn't be bad either

The pats need recievers themselves and got rid of Mitchell - that should tell you something.

Coleman and Perriman have recently been signed.

Kendall Wright seems to be by far the best receiver on the market to me - and no I did not forget about Dez.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The pats need recievers themselves and got rid of Mitchell - that should tell you something.

Coleman and Perriman have recently been signed.

Kendall Wright seems to be by far the best receiver on the market to me - and no I did not forget about Dez.

Well be happy Cards just signed Wright. According to another Cards group, all I see is a work out. But good start, add some more.

Mitchell was let go do to health, he was a stud.

Is JJ Nelson even on this team lol, havent even seen him past 2 games

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well be happy Cards just signed Wright. According to another Cards group, all I see is a work out. But good start, add some more.

Mitchell was let go do to health, he was a stud.

Is JJ Nelson even on this team lol, havent even seen him past 2 games

JJ Nelson is still on the team but has no role in an offense where everything is horizontal and within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. He could at minimum be used to run verticals and spread out the defense but I guess McCoy doesn't believe in that. Other teams probably wouldn't respect it anyway since the QB can't make the throw.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
they might sign wright just to get some info on chicagos offense

but the skins signed michael floyd ahead of him,...I dunno

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok with them parting with Brown. Counting on Chad Williams for anything was ridiculous.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they might sign wright just to get some info on chicagos offense

but the skins signed michael floyd ahead of him,...I dunno

Skins also signed Perriman