Joe What Would It take To Sign Rehabbing Keith Bullock?

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
I know he won't be ready for a physical till June,but how much did he make and has he got any ties with the titans to keep the CARDINALS from making a move with the extra Jack We should now have to shore up our inside run stopping crew?

I just feel the best options are the ex giants MLB who is also rehabbing and Bullock who probably still loves Tennessee.Can we pry him away for team defense leadership?

I do feel our side contingency move is a late June pickup.Plus a major extension for DD that will raise morale on our team.Breaston may have to prove he can ring up #2 Reciever numbers before he gets his extension.

I just can't take Monty as our backup anything on defense.forgive me if you are a Big Beisal fan out there.Hope if he gets his shot I'm eating Crow daily if he proves me wrong.

Have to believe money saved on McFaddens cut WILL be used especially in an uncapped year to keep the team stocked and ready to really challenge the Whiners and win NFC WEST as we have a very favorable schedule.

I just hope Lutui gets his act and career back on track.If he is trade bait he'll need to be in shape.I feel his pain missing his payday due to a change in league rules.He's got to get over it and get ready for the competition in camp with a wide open OL competition.Only the CARDINALS will benefit and surely someone will get dinged during pre-season.

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
First I am not sure if Bullock is a SILB. Way more of a WILB type IMO, so I am not sure if he is in the Cards plans. But if healthy and a big if he would be a great rotational player and mentor with and for Washington. Better then Lenon, again if healthy. Still wouldnt solve the SILB spot IMO.

But to answer your question he might want to return to the Titans but I am not sure if the Titans want him back. They signed Will Weatherspoon to take his place and may have also draft a guy in the 3rd round of this years draft to also play the inside. Don't think Titans have Bullock in their plans not even as a backup.

As for how much it would take, I would bet a similar deal to that of Darren Sharper, another older player coming off of an injury - 1 year 1.5 mill.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
First I am not sure if Bullock is a SILB. Way more of a WILB type IMO, so I am not sure if he is in the Cards plans. But if healthy and a big if he would be a great rotational player and mentor with and for Washington. Better then Lenon, again if healthy. Still wouldnt solve the SILB spot IMO.

But to answer your question he might want to return to the Titans but I am not sure if the Titans want him back. They signed Will Weatherspoon to take his place and may have also draft a guy in the 3rd round of this years draft to also play the inside. Don't think Titans have Bullock in their plans not even as a backup.

As for how much it would take, I would bet a similar deal to that of Darren Sharper, another older player coming off of an injury - 1 year 1.5 mill.

Thanks for your response Joe.I guess at 6'3" 235 lbs or more at his playing weight would not be the player I thought he would be for us as he did play Will LB in their 4-3 defense.He's just always been a headhunter whenever I've watched him.
I still think we get a June pickup for our weakspot and depth.Hopefully at the same price you listed for Bullock.We do need a 245-250lb guy.At least.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I love how KB used to play. I'd take a chance on him to see if he could still play even remotely close to that. BHIICH

MB is adequate at backup though. But you probably always want to be stacked before the season starts at various positions because of eventual injuries.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
IS it that hard to go from the weak to the strong side? I never played outside of highschool and even then I played CB, I really have no idea.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
IS it that hard to go from the weak to the strong side? I never played outside of highschool and even then I played CB, I really have no idea.

Yes it is.

The difference is about 60 lbs or more.

The difference is taking on FB's and TE's and taking on Centers and guards.

Your SILB is going to see more linemen coming at him, he is going to play the run more, and will be responsible for interior gaps in the defense.

K9 calles it "thickness", I think that is a good term. You need a big, power type players to get in the middle. One of my absolute FAVORITE SILB was the great Levon Kirkland, who was like standing a DT up, and placing him at the position.

Thus Hayes' back is a real concern because there is a lot of force and wieght working against him.

If a team plays a 4-3 then your WILB usually ends up as an OLB and you SILB is usually your MLB.

Bullucks skill set more than his size makes him better off to play WILB, he has the size but it is not optimal.

The only oppourtunity for SILB would have to to be a trade. I think Duece Lutui or Reggie Wells for D'Qwell Jackson of the Browns, would be fair, but matter on the value of Jackson.

I like the prospect of Reggie Walker myself. He is listed at 238 lbs but I would imagine has bulked up a little since last year.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is Micah Johnson still available, I mean the guy was 6/1-6/2 250-260 ILBS which would ideal size for SILB.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The thing with Bulluck is that your #2 and/or #3 LB has to play special teams. There's no way that Bulluck is going to do that.

I wonder if the Cards could sign Bulluck, have him continue his rehab on the PUP list, and then activate him in Week 6 and cut Paris Lenon (who sucks). Washington could continue to develop from the #2 position and play special teams.

It's an interesting prospect, but it's still not going to do much to help out the nothing we have at SILB.

Also, Micah Johnson apparently still isn't signed by anyone. I wonder what the deal is there. Guy was three-times All-SEC. His medical report must have been pretty troubling for him not even to get a call.

In other NFL-scrub news, Jevan Snead finally found a camp to go to with the Tampa Bay Bucs.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a desire to have Keith Bullock on the team is one.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Yes it is.

The difference is about 60 lbs or more.

The difference is taking on FB's and TE's and taking on Centers and guards.

Your SILB is going to see more linemen coming at him, he is going to play the run more, and will be responsible for interior gaps in the defense.

K9 calles it "thickness", I think that is a good term. You need a big, power type players to get in the middle. One of my absolute FAVORITE SILB was the great Levon Kirkland, who was like standing a DT up, and placing him at the position.

Thus Hayes' back is a real concern because there is a lot of force and wieght working against him.

If a team plays a 4-3 then your WILB usually ends up as an OLB and you SILB is usually your MLB.

Bullucks skill set more than his size makes him better off to play WILB, he has the size but it is not optimal.

The only oppourtunity for SILB would have to to be a trade. I think Duece Lutui or Reggie Wells for D'Qwell Jackson of the Browns, would be fair, but matter on the value of Jackson.

I like the prospect of Reggie Walker myself. He is listed at 238 lbs but I would imagine has bulked up a little since last year.

Good stuff Muffin, thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I've researched every linebacker in the NFL.Even the UDFA's and rookies and without a trade we seem to be screwed if Will Davis can't pick up the slack alongside Jerry Porter in the tackles Okeafor acquired.

I think Cody Brown's play will be very important along with Haggans'.They will be resposible for adding a fair share of tackles themselves.

Paris Lenon MUST go back to his plus 100+ tackles he had with the lions before he came to the rams and only picked up 42.I think Lauranitis got many tackles Lenon would have normally gotten or been responsible for.Lauranitis is nothing flashy at all.Just very solid in production when game stats are added up at the end of games.

We will depend on a Gerald Hayes who had a VERY down year last year with no offseason surgery to try and fix his recurrent disc problem,thus making Monty Beisel responsible for 70-100+ (possible) tackles from that SILB position.Will the team give Walker a fair shot at competition with Monty as LB coaches obviously see Walker behind monty at this time:(:bang:.

The point of this post is to say There is NO WAY to upgrade this Major weakspot at our "THUMPER" on defense in the Ray Lewis spot is through the action of a trade.

I hate to cry over spilt milk but letting the Jags get Kirk Morrison for a 4th round draft pick was our best shot at really filling that spot for 3 years at least.Morrison had 120-130 tackles in a down year as Hayes was in the 40's last year.So many name unknown ILB's are quietly stacking up 100+ tackle seasons while we the CARDINALS have been satisfied having Dansby lead us in tackles at the WILB position.I say no excuse for more talent in a KEY spot.

I agree the talent for that spot disappeared when Spikes went off the board and a possible chance if we had stayed put ILB Lee from Penn state would have been there for us instead of us trading up and taking the speedy WILB Daryl Washington to learn behind Lenon and should be our future answer to having a LB to run with Tight Ends who have torched us easily and often.

I'm hoping Lutui if he wants to pout over missing his payday due to a change in rules this year can become real tradebait so we can acquire at least a step up in our big hole at SILB where the tackles are suppose to come from a team leader and a player your frontline defense plays to keep clean and flowing to the ball or the QB for a knockout blow.

We're gonna have to expect more tackles from Haggans and Porter than I think they are able to put up.Brown and Will Davis will be required to have 45+ tackle seasons a piece in backup & substitution roles.

Calais' better finally get his "LOST GRASP" tackles for loss this year as he can become a Pro Bowl player if he learns to Finish the play.Awesome second round pick to replace Antonio Smith.Him and Dockett should allow Dan williams to be more successfull earlier than usual.It takes 2 years to be real efficent at NT from a rookie.Pray Big Gabe rehabs his knee that Robinson isn't getting his snaps.May have to activate all 3 to get Williams caught up faster.

Adrian Wilson in schemes will have to have a special year to help the defense and our pass rush.Hopefully Ware is back to top tackling form and Rashad finally picks up the game without having to think too much as we laugh at the giants for overpaying Antron just because he sealed the deal in beating the giants at home last year in primetime.

Come on Whiz & Graves make that secret trade we need to solidify our shot at a THREEPEAT NFC WEST CHAMPS.:D

Last edited:

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I've researched every linebacker in the NFL.Even the UDFA's and rookies and without a trade we seem to be screwed if Will Davis can't pick up the slack alongside Jerry Porter in the tackles Okeafor acquired.

I think Cody Brown's play will be very important along with Haggans'.They will be resposible for adding a fair share of tackles themselves.

Paris Lenon MUST go back to his plus 100+ tackles he had with the lions before he came to the rams and only picked up 42.I think Lauranitis got many tackles Lenon would have normally gotten or been responsible for.Lauranitis is nothing flashy at all.Just very solid in production when game stats are added up at the end of games.

We will depend on a Gerald Hayes who had a VERY down year last year with no offseason surgery to try and fix his recurrent disc problem,thus making Monty Beisel responsible for 70-100+ (possible) tackles from that SILB position.Will the team give Walker a fair shot at competition with Monty as LB coaches obviously see Walker behind monty at this time:(:bang:.

The point of this post is to say There is NO WAY to upgrade this Major weakspot at our "THUMPER" on defense in the Ray Lewis spot is through the action of a trade.

I hate to cry over spilt milk but letting the Jags get Kirk Morrison for a 4th round draft pick was our best shot at really filling that spot for 3 years at least.Morrison had 120-130 tackles in a down year as Hayes was in the 40's last year.So many name unknown ILB's are quietly stacking up 100+ tackle seasons while we the CARDINALS have been satisfied having Dansby lead us in tackles at the WILB position.I say no excuse for more talent in a KEY spot.

I agree the talent for that spot disappeared when Spikes went off the board and a possible chance if we had stayed put ILB Lee from Penn state would have been there for us instead of us trading up and taking the speedy WILB Daryl Washington to learn behind Lenon and should be our future answer to having a LB to run with Tight Ends who have torched us easily and often.

I'm hoping Lutui if he wants to pout over missing his payday due to a change in rules this year can become real tradebait so we can acquire at least a step up in our big hole at SILB where the tackles are suppose to come from a team leader and a player your frontline defense plays to keep clean and flowing to the ball or the QB for a knockout blow.

We're gonna have to expect more tackles from Haggans and Porter than I think they are able to put up.Brown and Will Davis will be required to have 45+ tackle seasons a piece in backup & substitution roles.

Calais' better finally get his "LOST GRASP" tackles for loss this year as he can become a Pro Bowl player if he learns to Finish the play.Awesome second round pick to replace Antonio Smith.Him and Dockett should allow Dan williams to be more successfull earlier than usual.It takes 2 years to be real efficent at NT from a rookie.Pray Big Gabe rehabs his knee that Robinson isn't getting his snaps.May have to activate all 3 to get Williams caught up faster.

Adrian Wilson in schemes will have to have a special year to help the defense and our pass rush.Hopefully Ware is back to top tackling form and Rashad finally picks up the game without having to think too much as we laugh at the giants for overpaying Antron just because he sealed the deal in beating the giants at home last year in primetime.

Come on Whiz & Graves make that secret trade we need to solidify our shot at a THREEPEAT NFC WEST CHAMPS.:D

Excellent summary on the defense, Doug!

I think, just to add my two cents, we are going to be a mix of veterans (Dockett, Haggans, Porter, Wilson and Rhodes) and young'uns (Campbell, Williams, Baggs, Brown, Davis, Walker, Washington, DRC, Adams and Toler). Should be interesting and fun to watch, especially with a more aggressive pass rush and secondary play.

Don't worry too much about the minicamp lineups. Walker, IMO, will emerge as the starter at SILB.

May we have your summary of the offense? Looking forward to it!

Thanks, pal, Mitch

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose