Joe Rogan interviews

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by BigRedRage, Feb 4, 2020.

1. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

Anyone catch the one with Daryl Davis just recently? Holy crap was that fascinating. This dude, a black man, over his life has befriended over 200 Klansmen and gotten them to leave the Klan just from befriending them. From going to rallies to playing music at all white bars. Super, super interesting story.

jf-08 likes this.
  2. Hollywood

Hollywood is part black.

Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    I haven't heard the interview but have heard of Davis. If memory serves me correctly he completely shut them down in one town by befriending all the members.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero Registered User

Is that the same guy they made the movie about?

4. BigRedRage

The black klansman is about an FBI agent or something that infiltrated the klan. This is just a normal guy that stumbled into meeting klan members and since then has converted over 200 klansmen. VERY worth the watch IMO

Absolute Zero likes this.
  5. BigRedRage

The new interview with Garrett Reisman is fantastic. Garrett worked for nasa a long time, not works at space X, has been in space, on space stations and more. He also spend a few weeks or month, I dont remember, living at the bottom of the ocean in a bubble and tells stories about it. Fascinating man and great interview.

6. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Did anyone watch/listen to his interview with David Goggins? The best interview I've ever seen.

jf-08 likes this.
  7. BigRedRage

it seems familiar as I google it but I do not remember the interview. It must be that someone else recommended the same interview. I'll have to remember to check it out.

8. BigRedRage

So I turned on the Aubrey De Grey episode and thought it was the duck dynasty guy lol

turns out he is a major anti aging scientist. I watched a ten minute clip but I am so fascinated with what he is saying that I stopped it and am downloading the entire episode to listen to on my way to mexico this weekend.

9. BigRedRage

Finished most of it driving to Mexico. Imo this should be required listening for everyone. This dude is on the cusp of changing the world in a massive way and public interest could accelerate it ten fold

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

10. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

Summary?

11. BigRedRage

Anti aging scientist. Basically about 25 years ago they figured out the 7 items that cause aging. over those 25 years, they have found nothing that refutes what they found so they have simply been honing in on it all. Scientists have no money because of horrible way that grants are set up. He started a non profit based purely on philanthropy instead of relying on govt grants. because of that has finally been getting real money and spinning off start up companies. As they dial one in and a company takes over honing in the tech, he works on the next one. Estimates within 15-20 years a massive shift in the world when all scientists are no longer scared to talk about it in fear of losing grants. Once all scientists or many are willing to talk about it, public perception will change radically. thinks politicians will be forced to have laws that assist this and hurry it into place or will be unelectable. Thinks clinics will pop up as fast a dispensaries to administer 7 treatments in willing individuals that basically stops the aging process temporarily (10 years or something). instead of treating aging like a disease, treating it like a medical problem. using these treatments to inject cells and whatnot into you that regenerate everything that is dying off. People potentially suddenly will be living to 500 years more or less. a healthy version too, not just really old people.

its about one hour. I highly encourage a listen or at the least, go to JRE clips on youtube and go to the Aubrey de grey one and check out some of the ten minute clips.

12. jf-08

jf-08 Administrator; Rules Creator Staff Member

What a mess that would be if people could live to be 500 years old. Think of the over-population, power control by a select few in perpetuity, etc.

13. Town Drunk

Town Drunk Longest serving ASFN lurker

Sounds like Altered Carbon.

14. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

I saw a clip of him talking about his Tesla. That was pretty cool.

His voice is different than I expected. Dunno why.

15. BigRedRage

They discuss this in the interview.