Joe Flacco anyone?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Ravens might actually part ways with him and go after a qb. What y’all think? Would he'd be a good fit here?

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Ravens might actually part ways with him and go after a qb. What y’all think? Would be be a good fit here?

Joe Flacco might have fit in a Bruce Arians offense, standing tall in a pocket and flinging it. Probably not now.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
50/50 on that thought.

He is 33 years old, but he is a veteran guy that can win in the right situation. Personally, I do not think he is any better than Carson Palmer, and when I say Carson Palmer, I am saying without the 2015 season on his resume.

It would have to be at the right price, and I am sure another team would sign him to big $$$. The Jaguars or Bills would love to have him, one would think.

Wellthatsjustfine

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is not better than Palmer at anything but staying healthy. Please, please, please no Flacco. You guys don’t know what you’re asking for. I legitimately would just block out that I like football until he was gone.

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
50/50 on that thought.

He is 33 years old, but he is a veteran guy that can win in the right situation. Personally, I do not think he is any better than Carson Palmer, and when I say Carson Palmer, I am saying without the 2015 season on his resume.

It would have to be at the right price, and I am sure another team would sign him to big $$$. The Jaguars or Bills would love to have him, one would think.
But at the same time, this would make the Raven go hard after a qb. No one would though the Ravens would do that.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Put Joe Flacco on a team with a superior D and you can win enough to get out of your own division and make the play-offs.

I had to dig up his stat sheet. Like a lot of players who are on so-so teams, they are not on the national media hype and it is hard to immediately connect them with their current value. Since the decline of the Raven's D, Flacco has been average at best. Not sure if he can be the guy to put the team on his back and go further toward another SB. He's got some highlight deep TD passes---to go along with plenty of INTs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00.htm

At this point in time, the Cards do not have a single QB under contract so given the choice between nothing and Flacco, I'd take Flacco.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All that really shows is that football is a team game, and as important as a QB is, he can't win all by himself. When in the right situation, he won it all. You need to have some aspect of your team that is dominant, just something, to give your team a chance. And the rest of the team can't suck, but competent proficiency should be enough.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Put Joe Flacco on a team with a superior D and you can win enough to get out of your own division and make the play-offs.

I had to dig up his stat sheet. Like a lot of players who are on so-so teams, they are not on the national media hype and it is hard to immediately connect them with their current value. Since the decline of the Raven's D, Flacco has been average at best. Not sure if he can be the guy to put the team on his back and go further toward another SB. He's got some highlight deep TD passes---to go along with plenty of INTs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00.htm

At this point in time, the Cards do not have a single QB under contract so given the choice between nothing and Flacco, I'd take Flacco.
He has had that for the past couple of seasons. He’s the main reason why the Ravens haven’t made the playoffs since 2014.
50/50 on that thought.

You could make the argument that Bortles is better than Flacco now, as crazy & funny as that sounds.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can win with Flacco. Bring him in for a 2nd rounder via trade.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If Wilks is a difference maker as a coach, we could compete for two years with a Flacco or an Eli. IMO, that isn't a given, and we would still need to draft a QB early.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Flacco has a W-L record for 102-67 and is a pocket passer. Pair him with DJ and a good defense you can get 5 years of above average QB play. That will be best use of 2nd rounder with a compensatory 3rd round pick in back pocket. I don't think Ravens will give Flacco away for a 2nd round though.

What is it about Flacco that makes you think otherwise.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Do the Cardinals actually need "greatness" at QB? IMO, what's hurt the Cardinals the most over the last few years and has wasted some good teams has been injuries. So, while I don't think that Flacco's as good as Palmer when they're both healthy, Palmer just couldn't stay healthy.

Flacco is a guy who completes 64% of his passes and is a virtual iron man. If the Cardinals could get that, I'd say take it and be happy. Don't think it'll happen but I would say the Cardinals would do well if it did.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flacco has a W-L record for 102-67 and is a pocket passer. Pair him with DJ and a good defense you can get 5 years of above average QB play. That will be best use of 2nd rounder with a compensatory 3rd round pick in back pocket. I don't think Ravens will give Flacco away for a 2nd round though.

What is it about Flacco that makes you think otherwise.
So you’re just going to throw the W-L record around with no context huh?

Anyway. I more so found it hilarious that you think we should give up a 2nd rounder, then follow that up with saying you don’t think the RAVENS will give away that like he’s actually worth that much when you look at his play ever since he got paid.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So you’re just going to throw the W-L record around with no context huh?

Anyway. I more so found it hilarious that you think we should give up a 2nd rounder, then follow that up with saying you don’t think the RAVENS will give away that like he’s actually worth that much when you look at his play ever since he got paid.

To put it in context, Flacco is an above average to good QB in all 9 years of his play in NFL. Why would Ravens give away their winingest QB for only a second round pick when he is still playing above average?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To put it in context, Flacco is an above average to good QB in all 9 years of his play in NFL. Why would Ravens give away their winingest QB for only a second round pick when he is still playing above average?
........That’s the point, he’s not playing above average. Not even average. If he was, this thread wouldn’t have been made.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I have zero interest in Flacco, Eli, Brees, or any QB over 30 that isn’t coming here on a cheapo deal. I’m not going to riot if someone like Josh McCown or Ryan Fitzpatrick ends up on the team as a bridge QB, but we do need to get younger.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We got to play poker with the cards we have been dealt.

No QB on the roster, middle of the pack pick at #15, not much salary cap, other needs to solve via draft.

Flacco is a vet QB who would make us competitive---we got to ace out of our division via winning it outright or drawing a wild card. Flacco can accomplish that provided we solidify the D, DJ comes back healthy and ready to ramble.

Don't need Superman, Batman will do.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave