Joe Biden (likely Democratic Nominee)

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Folster, Mar 31, 2020.

1. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

Again, this isn't hard to figure out. You can't believe something or someone is so awful when you yourself believe in almost every awful policy that person puts forth.

When people show you who they are, believe them folks.

UncleChris likes this.
  2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I just don’t get it. I really don’t.

3. Western Font

Western Font Registered

It’s mostly #3, because 1 and 2 were true when Biden was polling behind the field before South Carolina. Once he showed he could deliver the most reliable moderate Democratic voting block, he erased the path to victory for the other moderate candidates who had not made inroads with African American voters, because it was felt there was no time left to compete.

4. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Come on, man they’re not protecting him. It simply won’t register in the news much because of the dire emergency we’re facing. As soon as this is over and it’s down to Joe and Drumpf you can bet it will be a topic of choice for the entire mediasphere.

AzStevenCal likes this.
  5. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

I wouldn't call it controversial. If he always knew his pick, go ahead and tip your hat. If you don't know your pick, keep your options open rather than pigeon holing just because.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

6. LoyaltyisaCurse

You provide balance with your Joe bitch and moan fest. It’s clear you have the agenda because you bring it up in every topic when you have the chance. I don’t really believe that your motivation is to provide balance. You think you’re a soldier in the war to expose us all as “hypocrites.”

Nobody is stopping you, you can have all the opinions you want.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  7. BigRedRage

I was excited to have cable news channels again and they are mostly all talking heads giving opinions. It's frustrating. I did catch BBC world news tonight and that was good though.

8. LoyaltyisaCurse

Can we rename this thread “Folster Hates Joe Biden”? We already have a lengthy Dem 2020 Candidate thread.

9. BigRedRage

I've been wondering if the country as a whole will want to move to a universal system now that we have seen what a pandemic can do to employment in an employment based healthcare system

Town Drunk and LVG like this.
  10. LoyaltyisaCurse

Would they have taken it without Trump’s shortsighted announcement? The couple chose to take the chance, but you can’t sit here and claim it didn’t have a major influence. Words matter.

11. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

so, here's where I'm at with the Biden sexual assault accuser. it should be investigated... but if the story isn't solid enough for FOX to be running with it for half of the day, how real could it freaking be?

They were talking about Hilary's EMAILS a couple days still!

12. Western Font

Western Font Registered

I wouldn’t rush to say no because I prefer Bernie’s platform to Biden’s, but I think Bernie would have to flip a few states (Wisconsin, Ohio) pretty quickly, as well as NJ and NY later. I’m guessing Biden still wins upcoming smaller interior states as well as Maryland, DC, Georgia.

But currently Bernie still has 40% of the pledged delegates and 75% of Biden’s count despite a month of Biden consolidating presumptive nominee support. FiveThirtyEight predicts Sanders will finish with 60% of Biden’s total. That is a significant portion of the party’s voters.

The way Sanders is often characterized on this board is not realistic and IMO incentivized to make him into a caustic avatar like Trump. But most of his supporters are progressives, not Bros, and their ranks may grow in the coming months.

The other thing to remember is that Trump is not beyond making economic populist promises even if they make Republicans cringe (and even if he has no concept of how to follow through on them).

LVG likes this.
  13. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

For sure. I think once it came down to Joe and Bernie, 1 and 2 became more significant.

14. DWKB

DWKB Registered

If you can’t vote against THIS, then I don’t know what to say.

LoyaltyisaCurse likes this.
  15. Western Font

Western Font Registered

Definitely. There was a NYT piece this week profiling it; people not necessarily excited about Biden but voting against Bernie in order to vote against Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/us/politics/biden-sanders-democratic-voters.html

I don’t fault it though I don’t necessarily agree with it.
    One subject said, “I can wait four more years for ‘Medicare for all’ and the Green New Deal.” I think this is a fallacy if you actually want these things. It’s naive to assume Republicans will work more with Biden than Sanders when they obstructed Obama for six years after he failed to do enough before his first midterm election (IMO, and I really like Obama).

Over 6 million people are out of work and potentially out of health insurance in the last two weeks. My sincere hope is that Biden wins and the exigencies of the health and economic crises force him to do more sooner. Otherwise it’s still the party of “not yet” campaigning against the party of “never,” and I’ll see everyone in eight years when moderates are aligning against AOC and calling her divisive. But I also understand that my priorities are not everyone’s priorities, and my timelines not everyone’s either.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Town Drunk likes this.