bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rather not Watt risk his career & potentially his life, especially for a garbage organization.

Says a lot if a person finds this commendable.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rather not Watt risk his career & potentially his life, especially for a garbage organization.
Everything I’ve read says shouldn’t be an issues. Actually more common then you’d think for athletes.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard not to love the guy…. He’s obviously been medically cleared and It’s his choice. good for him.
So was Tua!?! But if Watt is comfortable, then it's up to him.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything I’ve read says shouldn’t be an issues. Actually more common then you’d think for athletes.
Interesting! The heart scares me, so I'm obviously a little biased.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting! The heart scares me, so I'm obviously a little biased.
My oldest son is 27 and has a fib.. can pop up here and there randomly without notice. He has some pill I can’t recall the name of he has to take and it stops it within 20-30 minutes…. The doctors he’s seen all seem to have no real concerns over it. He has a high stress job and thy all told him to just live his life normally.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Quick search says 48-72 hour rest time before resuming normal activities usually, glad he’s ok…
These recommendations are for normal people. not for people who gets thrown around by 300 pound OL while hitting with the force of a mini car.

We don't have to be Romans cheering for gladiators when it is especially just a game for entertainment purposes.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These recommendations are for normal people. not for people who gets thrown around by 300 pound OL while hitting with the force of a mini car.

We don't have to be Romans cheering for gladiators when it is especially just a game for entertainment purposes.

Just stop…. Lol smh

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My oldest son is 27 and has a fib.. can pop up here and there randomly without notice. He has some pill I can’t recall the name of he has to take and it stops it within 20-30 minutes…. The doctors he’s seen all seem to have no real concerns over it. He has a high stress job and thy all told him to just live his life normally.
I hope your son has a mild variety.

But there are a variety of causes and we really don't know what is causing Watt's a fib.

If they haven't ruled out coronary heart disease, he may need an echo stress test and maybe even an angiogram to see if he has any blockages. The echo is pretty easy, but the angio is a full day deal since they scope your heart and you have recover. Of course, he may have already had those done. So it's hard to say weather he is being reckless or not.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope your son has a mild variety.

But there are a variety of causes and we really don't know what is causing Watt's a fib.

If they haven't ruled out coronary heart disease, he may need an echo stress test and maybe even an angiogram to see if he has any blockages. The echo is pretty easy, but the angio is a full day deal since they scope your heart and you have recover. Of course, he may have already had those done. So it's hard to say weather he is being reckless or not.

Possibly but being Watt is likely getting the best medical care money can buy. They could have done a calcium score test and got some results almost immediately. If he’s cleared he’s cleared.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Possibly but being Watt is likely getting the best medical care money can buy. They could have done a calcium score test and got some results almost immediately. If he’s cleared he’s cleared.
Could be. I just don't know what the NFL health protocols are and am skeptical about their recommendations in this multi million dollar business.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be. I just don't know what the NFL health protocols are and am skeptical about their recommendations in this multi million dollar business.

For me it boils down to JJ he’s been cleared to play medically. JJ has made the decision to play he’s a grown man who is clearly personally comfortable with his decision based off what he’s been told medically. Heck this might not even be the first time he’s been in Afib…. All the coooing around here by fans is really just pointless. He’s playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave