JJ Watt update?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If hes allowed to play, off IR, whatever....I would keep it a secret until game time.

Honestly he is a player that strikes a little fear in O-Lineman and OCs....if its announced an hour before kickoff it would be pretty awesome.
There are rules preventing that. He would have to be moved off of IR and announced on the injury report in some manner.

The problem with JJ at this point, no news is bad news.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Cards site just posted rest for chase and Conner, hope AJ, CC , Baker get some also. Be nice to get watts and hop back, could happen, I would tell dallas - they might call a timeout!

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
OK somewhere along the line I missed it or got confused about something I read. Did JJ actually have surgery? Did quick search and didn't find out.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK somewhere along the line I missed it or got confused about something I read. Did JJ actually have surgery? Did quick search and didn't find out.
Yes

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hop they said surgery and he could be back in about 6 weeks. He had surgery the 3rd week of December so he's about 17 days past surgery now? which is why I've been saying IF he comes back this year the most likely scenario is the Super Bowl, if you just do the math he won't play Sunday, he won't play in the Wildcard round and he's still about 2 weeks out from there which means the most likely scenario is he won't play this year unless we make the Super Bowl.

I would add remember he was out several weeks with a hamstring prior to the knee injury so it's likely going to make it harder for him to push really hard on the knee rehab.

Absolute best case would the NFC championship game but more likely Super Bowl.

So let's make it that far!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hop they said surgery and he could be back in about 6 weeks. He had surgery the 3rd week of December so he's about 17 days past surgery now? which is why I've been saying IF he comes back this year the most likely scenario is the Super Bowl, if you just do the math he won't play Sunday, he won't play in the Wildcard round and he's still about 2 weeks out from there which means the most likely scenario is he won't play this year unless we make the Super Bowl.

I would add remember he was out several weeks with a hamstring prior to the knee injury so it's likely going to make it harder for him to push really hard on the knee rehab.

Absolute best case would the NFC championship game but more likely Super Bowl.

So let's make it that far!
the news we got on watt was similar... super bowl,... but not likely before. Thats what was said back when he first had his surgery.
then you look at doctors words... first ones said 4=6 months, he goes to another and they say 3-4 months... common denominator?? 4 months. that puts us at February 8th I think.
which is what?? a week before the super bowl?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I have to believe that JJ getting back in the line up in some form or fashion would positively affect the morale of the other defensive players. Maybe even for the whole team. Not necessarily a lot, but some.

Just seeing big #99 out on the field with them would get guys like Byron and Budda and Zack fired up.

If he could make a play or two in a home playoff game, it might whip the defense and the crowd into a frenzy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking8687