Jinxes - What's your opinion?

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not referring to the cat that can flush, rather, whether we fans, we sidesitters and viewers, the emotionally invested and physically bankrupt influencers have an affect on the game.

I bring this up as the leader of the darkside himself, Cheesebeef, has proclaimed victory. Of course you have other fans who drink koolaid like they're getting paid to (see NeverSayDieFan) and we can all expect the proclamation of victory from them. But, when some local reporters predict us winning I'm worried that the karmic disruption of the universe is so large it will negatively impact our game on Sunday.

So I ask you this my fellow diehards, is it o.k. to actually speak of victory this weekend? Here's my dilemma, my wife and I have decided regardless of the cost if we win on Sunday we are going to the SuperBowl. However when we speak of plans we do so in hushed tones as to not aggravate the gods. My parents have called my house offering their services to watch our kids and I won't commit as I'm afraid by acknowledging my need for their services cosmic forces will somehow take 1 point off of our mojo rating...

Dare I assume victory and make plans to head to Florida? Or, should I hold off at all costs and wait till after Sunday, shunning all thoughts of post game euphoria?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Usually, I'm the most superstitious person you'll find. I wear my Matt Leinart jersey and a Spider-Man shirt underneath to each game, even though I own about 8 jerseys. I'm still going to wear the same gear this weekend, but this week I don't believe in a jinx. I believe in one thing:

The fans at University of Phoenix Stadium. I think most of us feel like we're going to be on the field this weekend. We'll make our own destiny.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I don't worry about it, jinxes are silly, as is any belief in luck. "Luck is just probability taken personally" as they say.

Napier

Pond Hopping
Reaction score
I am really bad for stuff like that; I don't want to say or do anything which I think my hurt the team's chances, no matter how ridiculous.

I never ever bet for, or against the Cardinals; and I actually got annoyed last week when my friend put a bet on the Cardinals to beat the kitties. Thankfully, everything turned out okay!

I have put the towel we were given at the Monday Night game up in my office this morning - I'll admit I am a bit worried about bad karma now!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I clean out my garage last week after the Atlanta win and put all of my tailgating gear into storage. Of course I do this because I KNOW that I'll have to get it back out again when we host the NFC Championship. I'm personally not a very superstitious person. This time I just couldn't help being not.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do everything I can remember exactly the same. I bash the cards leading up to the game my way of pretending that I am motivating the players) I wear the same jersey/tshirt pants underwear everything. I sit in the same seat positioned the same way.

I turn my TV up to volume 50.

Unfortunately I am going to my brothers to watch so I can only control my clothing :(

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Trust me, I understand more then anyone how you feel(See the following thread: Hat Question)

I always feel like what I do has some outcome on the game which is why last week even when we were up 30-7 I still would not text my friends because of the what if factor. I wear the new hat all day up until gametime and then take it off or at least that is what I have done the last 2 weeks and it has worked.

I don't think you should talk about future plans, Talk about them when it is set in stone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose