Jim Bob Cooter interviewing for OC today

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it crossed my mind there may be a college guy that K2 likes. But they are doing their diligence and checking with the guys who have nfl experience first.

Makes sense. No rush as KK will be calling the plays. Key was to get quality DC and OL coaches and IMO they have.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It’s not when teams have told the media that they knew what the plays were beforehand
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1264284002

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.us...it-happened-signal-video-defense-jets-nfl/amp

Who viewed JBC as an innovative playcaller?

The Lions viewed him this way. They were raving about him seasons prior to his firing. When he took over their was a noticeable improvement on offense. Sounds like he really regressed this year under Patricia (who I have a low opinion of).

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As for Cooter, he's always striked me as somebody who can orchestrate a potent aerial attack, but hasn't got a clue about the run game. Or maybe this was just a typical Lions thing he couldn't change. Had some good years as OC but last year when they lost all their weapons, bar Golladay, the wheels fell off.
True on the no clue with the running game, we don't need him for that, they just hired Denver's offensive line coach & his assistant is from the Steelers offensive line, both their running games were better than ours so I'll take it. The lions always moved the ball through the air so cooter would be a plus imo to help mesh the "air raid" into an NFL type offense.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jim Bob Cooter....Seriously...WTF would make you NOT drop your middle name from the equation?

Or is his legal name JamesRobert Cooter?
If it is, I'd personally go by JamesRobert.

Imagine when we play the Steelers, you know these douchebags announcers can't help but say annoying names 100X more than is necessary.

Jim Bob Cooter Juju Smith-Shuster

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim Bob Cooter....Seriously...WTF would make you NOT drop your middle name from the equation?

Or is his legal name JamesRobert Cooter?
If it is, I'd personally go by JamesRobert.

Imagine when we play the Steelers, you know these douchebags announcers can't help but say annoying names 100X more than is necessary.

It is mandatory that if a player or coach has a hyphenated or 3 word name to use the long version incessantly. Who would know that Juju's name is actually John Sherman Schuster? Or Jim Bob's name is James Robert? I grew up with a friend who went by JimEd. Or Dabo's name is William Christopher?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave