Jim Bob Cooter interviewing for OC today

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
that should draw some excitement as several here have been wondering why he hasnt been brought in.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Would he help attract Golden Tate to the Cardinals and would the Cardinals even consider Tate as an F.A. acquisition?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
from wikipedia:

Personal life
Cooter is from Fayetteville. He was arrested for driving under the influence in June 2006, and was suspended from the Volunteers as a result. In 2009, he was charged with aggravated burglary after climbing into a window and getting into a woman's bed. The charges were later dropped.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
How many options have we already interviewed? Seems quite a lot and it's really unusual because your typical HC knows immediately who he wants to work with. That said, maybe the prior interviews didn't go well and KK couldn't sell/mesh his offense to the candidate or wasn't satisfied with the input they would give him. Just some food for thought.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would he help attract Golden Tate to the Cardinals and would the Cardinals even consider Tate as an F.A. acquisition?
Tate quoted as saying this week, he wants to play for contender as his time is running out

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jim Bob Cooter is awful.

Extremely predictable playcalling, but he won’t call plays, thankfully.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
As for Cooter, he's always striked me as somebody who can orchestrate a potent aerial attack, but hasn't got a clue about the run game. Or maybe this was just a typical Lions thing he couldn't change. Had some good years as OC but last year when they lost all their weapons, bar Golladay, the wheels fell off.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many options have we already interviewed? Seems quite a lot and it's really unusual because your typical HC knows immediately who he wants to work with. That said, maybe the prior interviews didn't go well and KK couldn't sell/mesh his offense to the candidate or wasn't satisfied with the input they would give him. Just some food for thought.
or SK/MB meddled

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
from wikipedia:

Personal life
Cooter is from Fayetteville. He was arrested for driving under the influence in June 2006, and was suspended from the Volunteers as a result. In 2009, he was charged with aggravated burglary after climbing into a window and getting into a woman's bed. The charges were later dropped.

Yeah but he always had a knack for giving Enos the slip.

You must be registered for see images attach

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
or SK/MB meddled

This is what I have been saying all along. I know Kingsbury said he was going to lean on the FO for help but he should have had some sort of plan or direction of what HE wants for the offensive side. He will be working the closest with the OC, so it should be someone he is comfortable with and trusts, even if that's a college connection. Kingsbury needs to put his stamp on the offense. I was fine with Keim helping put together the defensive side, since Kingsbury probably didn't have much experience or NFL connections on that side.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is what I have been saying all along. I know Kingsbury said he was going to lean on the FO for help but he should have had some sort of plan or direction of what HE wants for the offensive side. He will be working the closest with the OC, so it should be someone he is comfortable with and trusts, even if that's a college connection. Kingsbury needs to put his stamp on the offense. I was fine with Keim helping put together the defensive side, since Kingsbury probably didn't have much experience or NFL connections on that side.
it crossed my mind there may be a college guy that K2 likes. But they are doing their diligence and checking with the guys who have nfl experience first.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had great success with Matt Stafford before Patricia showed up in Detroit.

Could be a really good hire
Not a huge body of work to go with. He's only been OC since the middle of the 2015 season and in that time the Lions offense ranked 20, 21, 13, 24. Not much to go on. The one thing he will have here is a decent running back, something he didn't have in Detroit.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jim Bob Cooter is awful.

Extremely predictable playcalling, but he won’t call plays, thankfully.

Sometimes predictable play calling is more a function of players not executing.

Prior to last season, JBC was viewed as an innovative playcaller.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose