Jazz @ Suns Wednesday game thread 4-7-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are playing important back-to-back games. They play at home against the Jazz on Wednesday and at the Clippers on Thursday.

Jazz 38-12, are in first place in the Western Conference. They lead the second place Suns by 2 1/2 games. They are 9-1 in their last ten games but are coming off a 111-103 loss at Dallas on Monday.

Suns are 35-14 after a win 133-130 win at Houston. They are 9-1 in their last ten games as well.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona and ESPN.

Game time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news. Frank Kaminsky is OFF health and safety protocols.

Abdel Nader is still OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had read it twice. Frank Kaminsky is OFF the Suns injury report.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news. Frank Kaminsky is OFF health and safety protocols.

Abdel Nader is still OUT.

that’s good. Likely means he didn’t have it, or if he did, it was pretty asymptomatic.

as Monty tinkers with which guard gets into the rotation off the bench, he needs to figure out how Frank can contribute again.

count that as a sentence I NEVER thought I’d type.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that’s good. Likely means he didn’t have it, or if he did, it was pretty asymptomatic.

as Monty tinkers with which guard gets into the rotation off the bench, he needs to figure out how Frank can contribute again.

count that as a sentence I NEVER thought I’d type.

As Suns remain adamant about not tweaking the roster, we agree, Frank Kaminsky will be needed.

Maybe he can get some minutes as a third center or play, as the situation merits, next to Ayton or Saric.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
As Suns remain adamant about not tweaking the roster, we agree, Frank Kaminsky will be needed.

Maybe he can get some minutes as a third center or play, as the situation merits, next to Ayton or Saric.
I wonder if Saric is banged up; he plays extremely physical on both ends of the floor and might be feeling the effects of it. Could use Frank for a game or two to give Dario some recovery time (though not in the next couple big games).

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Suns are playing important back-to-back games. They play at home against the Jazz on Wednesday and at the Clippers on Thursday.

Jazz 38-12, are in first place in the Western Conference. They lead the second place Suns by 2 1/2 games. They are 9-1 in their last ten games but are coming off a 111-103 loss at Dallas on Monday.

Suns are 35-14 after a win 133-130 win at Houston. They are 9-1 in their last ten games as well.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona and ESPN.

Game time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time.

What is Bally Sports? Is that just a pun for Fox Sports?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is Bally Sports? Is that just a pun for Fox Sports?

Bally Sports Arizona is the real name of the channel. It used to be called Fox Sports Arizona.

My guess is it will have some connection to sports betting down the road.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Saric is banged up; he plays extremely physical on both ends of the floor and might be feeling the effects of it. Could use Frank for a game or two to give Dario some recovery time (though not in the next couple big games).

It's hard to know. Saric will play well in stretches and then disappear. It would be nice to give him some rest when he has an off night or has a bad stretch of games but the Suns do not have this luxury.

It's a roster problem only the GM can solve and apparently the Suns are content not to make any moves.

On most nights the Suns only play two big men, Ayton and Saric. As the season draws to a close and in the playoffs, opponents will try to exploit this weakness.

For sure, I'm glad the Suns have the option of playing Frank Kaminsky. They will need him.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They won't. Playing Favors with Gobert would completely screw up their offense. They would get every rebound, however. Besides Favors, Ilyasova has yet to play. I don't think this is the game they would try to work him in, but perhaps?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What ever happens been an amazing season and suns are on a streak

Hope the right suns team shows up almost like a poff atmosphere

Go suns!!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Nader our new TJ Warren. Always out with some nagging thing or another. That guy always seems to be injured.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton always seems to struggle with Gobert. I would really love to see him step up in this game--not expecting it though. Kinda expecting a loss here.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton always seems to struggle with Gobert. I would really love to see him step up in this game--not expecting it though. Kinda expecting a loss here.
Yup if suns truly want to contend ayton needs to produce against tough opponents big test for him today

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns really need at least a split of these two games with the Jazz and Clippers. It's going to be some rough sledding.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns really need at least a split of these two games with the Jazz and Clippers. It's going to be some rough sledding.

yeah. Losing both would be a bitter pill to swallow, especially after winning somewhat unimpressively for a solid stretch against an underwhelming schedule lately.

I think these two games will tell us a lot about what we can expect from this team down the stretch as the schedule gets much tougher towards the end of the season.

excited to see how we respond in the bright lights big showdown games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah. Losing both would be a bitter pill to swallow, especially after winning somewhat unimpressively for a solid stretch against an underwhelming schedule lately.

I think these two games will tell us a lot about what we can expect from this team down the stretch as the schedule gets much tougher towards the end of the season.

I'm excited and stressed at the same time. Hope the Suns are purring like a race car tonight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm excited and stressed at the same time. Hope the Suns are purring like a race car tonight.

its been a really long time since the Suns played a game with this much hype and importance in the standings.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For the past several years even with the team has been on a streak it seems like we laid an egg when it came to spotlight games. I think this will show more about the team's mental toughness more than anything else. We know the team can compete. It's going to be an eye opener for fans on how legit this team is down the stretch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose