Jazz @ Suns Wednesday game thread 4-7-2021

Phrazbit

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chris Paul is really growing on me. He tried to high five Mitchell after he missed a clutch free throw.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

His personality is a lot like Danny Ainge or Raja Bell. Guys you loooooove if they play for your team and man... do they annoy the hell out of you if not.

A fun type of antagonist and very unlike a player like Markieff Morris or that beady eyed **** head Grayson Allen... guys you hate even when they play for you.

ArizonaSportsFan

Reaction score
He had some his first year in Utah, but after getting traded I thought he has played well and more level-headed.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I seriously hope half the team (Booker, Bridges, Payne, Crowder) stayed afterwards and practiced shooting, because at times they couldn't buy a basket. And yet, we still somehow won. Amazing team effort.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seriously hope half the team (Booker, Bridges, Payne, Crowder) stayed afterwards and practiced shooting, because at times they couldn't buy a basket. And yet, we still somehow won. Amazing team effort.

I'm not sure what time the Suns had to leave. The practice may have to be pregame. Tough game tonight.

Aside from Cam Johnson, the Suns will need more from their bench as well.

overseascardfan

Reaction score
A couple of stats that jumped out on Booker. He had 35 points without making a 3pt field goal but took 31 shots making 13. He is very streaky, when he is on he can't miss but sometimes he has nights like last night where he can't get into a rhythm.

My Ayton theory is valid, give the guy at least 15 shot attempts and he has a good night. I think when he is not engaged on the offensive end then he shuts down completely in other areas (rebounding and defense). Paul and others need to get him more involved in offense even if that means creating shots for him with lob passes he can finish. He had a nice jumper from top of the key to start the game which shows me has has range, of course the 3pt attempt a couple of possessions later missed the mark but at least he is taking shots. When Booker is having off night, I would try and get it to Ayton more if I was Paul.

Dr dumas

Rookie
Reaction score
Chris Paul was amazing.

huge cam from cam with saric, crowder and bridges struggling.

book has just crumbled down the stretch of some games as of late. Disturbing that monty keeps letting him iso if he’s hunting step back threes when we just need a single point.

Ayton’s defense was fantastic. I could swear he had more than 3 blocks. His hands were off the charts embarrassing again.

craig has really been more than we could reasonably expect.

I really don’t understand Carter’s run lately. He is COMPLETELY useless on offense. Did a single poster believe either of his wide open 3s were going to drop?

this was a huge huge win, but I think both coaches went brain fart down the stretch with nothing but book v Mitchell hero ball. If I were Utah I’d have gone to bogdanvich a few times down the stretch.
Seemed like every time Bogdanvich went to the basket he scored on a layup. I’m sooo happy they went away from that down the stretch and went to Mitchell hero ball.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that last point is what impressed me the most. They went down 5, but didn’t get down on themselves and kept pushing until they got the lead back. That’s the sign of a team that truly believes they belong in the title contender conversation.

How many times have we seen this team over the past few years give up a lead or a huge lead...then mentally just mail it in after losing said lead? This was refreshing to see. I think CP3's no panic approach is rubbing off on the team.