Jazz @ Suns Wednesday game thread 4-7-2021

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A couple of stats that jumped out on Booker. He had 35 points without making a 3pt field goal but took 31 shots making 13. He is very streaky, when he is on he can't miss but sometimes he has nights like last night where he can't get into a rhythm.

My Ayton theory is valid, give the guy at least 15 shot attempts and he has a good night. I think when he is not engaged on the offensive end then he shuts down completely in other areas (rebounding and defense). Paul and others need to get him more involved in offense even if that means creating shots for him with lob passes he can finish. He had a nice jumper from top of the key to start the game which shows me has has range, of course the 3pt attempt a couple of possessions later missed the mark but at least he is taking shots. When Booker is having off night, I would try and get it to Ayton more if I was Paul.

Monty changes the offense and puts Ayton down low once in awhile. You can't run the same stuff all the time, against the Clips Ayton was used different then the usual top of the key.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA