Jazz @ Suns Sunday game thread 2-27-2022

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, fair. Epic collapse probably applies to the team with CP3, but I think a 10-11 finish would still be a disappointing finish without.
Oh, I don’t disagree it would be a disappointment. I’m hoping Payne can make a difference if got nothing else but to put the rotation back in place.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't deny that CP3 is critical for our success but not having Payne magnifies his absence. And if his history is any indication, he's likely to struggle for several games before he's fully up to speed. Without the two of them, I'm not sure we're even a .500 club although I still think it will be enough to hang on to the top seed.
This is fair.

Also, can I just say how much I enjoy this board right now and have for the last couple years. Every now and again there will be a spat over Ayton or something, but this is the only spot on the board where no one seems to have knives out at all times and we just talk basketball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I’d call 10-11 an epic collapse if we had Payne. With both out .500 seems about right. That’s kinda where we were pre-Rubio. A talented team with no pg that was approaching .500 and likely would’ve been .500 with the development of our young guys. Give them a passable pg (Payne) and they are likely a 50 win team now. Add a Paul and they are obviously an 65+ win team. Give them both and health and they are a championship team.
I don’t think they’re a 50 win team now with Payne. They’re still prob 42-45 range, IMO.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is fair.

Also, can I just say how much I enjoy this board right now and have for the last couple years. Every now and again there will be a spat over Ayton or something, but this is the only spot on the board where no one seems to have knives out at all times and we just talk basketball.
Success brings out the Kumbaya spirit. I've lurked mostly on the Suns forum and have seen periods where things are pretty contentious.

It's funny that even though the Cardinals are coming off one of the teams most successful seasons ever, fans are constantly at each others throats.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Success brings out the Kumbaya spirit. I've lurked mostly on the Suns forum and have seen periods where things are pretty contentious.

It's funny that even though the Cardinals are coming off one of the teams most successful seasons ever, fans are constantly at each others throats.
Suns fans are much more realistic than cardinals fans. I think with fewer players to analyze it’s also much clear where the issues lie in hoops compared to nfl.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That’s what I mean though. Even when things were GREAT during the Cards season, you still had the never ending war between Kool-Aiders and Darksiders and when things went nuts up, it was and has been all out war since then.

The Suns are scuffling right now and facing a potentially rough stretch and tenuous future with CP3 up in the air, but the board hasn’t fallen back to old wars at the first sign of trouble like the Cards board.

Anywho... regardless of why this part of the board and its posters have kept level heads, I’m enjoying it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That’s what I mean though. Even when things were GREAT during the Cards season, you still had the never ending war between Kool-Aiders and Darksiders and when things went nuts up, it was and has been all out war since then.

The Suns are scuffling right now and facing a potentially rough stretch and tenuous future with CP3 up in the air, but the board hasn’t fallen back to old wars at the first sign of trouble like the Cards board.

Anywho... regardless of why this part of the board and its posters have kept level heads, I’m enjoying it.
Where basketball fans can get annoying is that there are substantially more "player fans"....you know, the guys who are Lebron James fans that follow him from team to team. Those guys get real annoying defending their favorite guy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where basketball fans can get annoying is that there are substantially more "player fans"....you know, the guys who are Lebron James fans that follow him from team to team. Those guys get real annoying defending their favorite guy.
Agreed. Thankfully we don’t have that issue here.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
not true he just did it last game, or it may have been against the thunder
He had made 25 free throws in a row before missing 2. It happens. Suns will be fine. 3 games in 4 days out of the break is tough to get acclimated with no CP3. Looking forward to this week’s games. Milwaukee on Sunday should be fun.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys keep saying .500 will be an epic collapse. if we had CP3, sure, but without him, we're probably a somewhat poorer man's Minnesota and a .500 club.

that's how important CP3 is.

one bit of good news that I got came from my dad yesterday. he was an orthopedic surgeon and is NOROTIOUSLY pessimistic about anything Phoenix sports related. But he said when he found out the CP3 injury was an avulsion fracture, his doctor brain immediately thought 6 weeks would be the absolute high end of time missed and wouldn't be surprised to find Paul come back a little bit earlier.

Yeah, Payne and Holiday are backup point guards. Quality backups but nevertheless backups. They need a starter ahead of them.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
indeed, i don't expect much improvement when Payne is back
-- we'll still be playing without a starting caliber pg, and this team is used to being run by the best pg/floor coach in the league.

but i do believe we should absolutely win more than we lose based on experience and will in regards to closing out games

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson