Jazz @ Suns Saturday game thread 11-26-2022

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are we still on this Haliburton topic…he didn’t want to come here. It would be dumb to take him without his medical records. Move on.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was too young to remember but there were some character concerns with him involving an underage girl. He would’ve helped those really bad Suns teams in the mid-80’s.

I don't remember any red flags on Malone but I was too young to remember.

Malone thought he would be drafted earlier so he didn't interview with the Suns.

He absolutely nailed that postdraft press conference and I kept asking myself why the Suns didn't draft him.

Of course, the Suns didn't do their research on William Bedford.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
A lot to like about DA’s recent surge. But what I like seeing is a focus on his passing abilities. For a big man, he’s an excellent passer, but it’s not his prescribed role on offense.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's going to haunt "us" only if you let it.
The reason this one haunts us is that nearly EVERYONE on this board wanted him and we were shocked that he was available when we picked. The diamond in the rough type player that we all miss on is one thing, but the guy that we all wanted, that we could have gotten, and that we passed on, well. . . that one is going to always sting.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The reason this one haunts us is that nearly EVERYONE on this board wanted him and we were shocked that he was available when we picked. The diamond in the rough type player that we all miss on is one thing, but the guy that we all wanted, that we could have gotten, and that we passed on, well. . . that one is going to always sting.
Sure, again, if you let it. It's ancient history now. We have a championship-level team without him. Sure it would have been good to draft him instead of Stix, but it would also be great to have drafted Tatum instead of Josh Jackson or any other number of draft mistakes we've made over the years. And every single team has made mistakes like that. Haliburton fell to us because the 9 teams ahead of us passed on him too.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here are Deandre Ayton's stats over the last 5 games.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I bet it's because he stopped hanging out with MJB21 before the games. But DA is Bahamian, and they are just cool dudes. Can only stay away for so long.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure, again, if you let it. It's ancient history now. We have a championship-level team without him. Sure it would have been good to draft him instead of Stix, but it would also be great to have drafted Tatum instead of Josh Jackson or any other number of draft mistakes we've made over the years. And every single team has made mistakes like that. Haliburton fell to us because the 9 teams ahead of us passed on him too.
Yeah, I don't sweat the Tatum one. We didn't have a shot at Tatum. Ainge grabbed him first. Not sure I believe the McD brag on that one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tatum was drafted before we took Jackson. And this wasn’t just a mistake, like not knowing who Giannis or jokic were - this was enough of a known quantity that everyone was shocked he fell to us and we passed. It was a sure - known-in-the-moment WTF move.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Ayton balled out. Forget the numbers (which speak for themself), his aggression has far exceeded anything prior. He’s actually dunking with power and throwing his body into defenders on post ups. I’m gonna try not to get too excited. But this was fantastic.
I've been all smiles this weekend. Maybe he'll let us down and revert to 13 and 7 or maybe it's a flirt, so 15 and 8, but right now I'll say the dream is alive and it feels good. Don't it? Going to watch some highlights again.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tatum was drafted before we took Jackson. And this wasn’t just a mistake, like not knowing who Giannis or jokic were - this was enough of a known quantity that everyone was shocked he fell to us and we passed. It was a sure - known-in-the-moment WTF move.

Also, point guard was an obvious need with Fox available.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Also, point guard was an obvious need with Fox available.
Agreed. And I loved fox. But it was pretty broadly accepted there were a big 4 (fultz, ball, Jackson, Tatum) even if that ended up being a big 1. Fox and Markenaan weren’t expected to be at those guys level (shows what the experts and general public knows).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. And I loved fox. But it was pretty broadly accepted there were a big 4 (fultz, ball, Jackson, Tatum) even if that ended up being a big 1. Fox and Markenaan weren’t expected to be at those guys level (shows what the experts and general public knows).

That was pretty much the accepted top four, although I thought there was a top five. I wanted the Suns to draft Fox until it became clear the Suns were going to draft Jackson or possibly Tatum if he fell.

I'm not sure why the Suns were so locked into Jackson. The Suns needed a point guard more.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
That was pretty much the accepted top four, although I thought there was a top five. I wanted the Suns to draft Fox until it became clear the Suns were going to draft Jackson or possibly Tatum if he fell.

I'm not sure why the Suns were so locked into Jackson. The Suns needed a point guard more.
McDonough saw something in Jackson that nobody else saw and we continue not to see.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McDonough saw something in Jackson that nobody else saw and we continue not to see.

Isn't that the truth. When the lines intersect at need and BPA, drafting Fox was the obvious choice.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose