Jazz @ Suns Saturday game thread 11-26-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nickeil Alexander-Walker was 4-4 from three tonight. It seems like players come out of nowhere to play well against Phoenix.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m a Book fanboy… so no hate from me. But, heading into tonight he was outside the top 5 SG’s in FG%, and not even in the top 20 for 3-pt FG%.
He also seems to be turning the ball over a bit more than years past.
I think Paul being out has a lot to do with it, as it feels like the majority of Book’s shots are all tightly contested. And as I mentioned earlier, he seems to be bringing the ball up and overall the ball seems to be in his hands so much more thus far this season…
One of the reasons Paul wanted to play with Booker is because he wouldn't have to work against as many double and triple teams and wouldn't always draw the best defender. Now, with CP3 out, Booker is back to facing those double teams and triple teams with no real perimeter player capable of drawing the focus of the defense. All told, I'm thrilled with how he's handled things without Chris, CamJ, Shamet and Crowder.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How’s that Paul hate? We’re 13-6 and number 1 in the west. Why wouldn’t you want to give your 37 year old PG as much rest as humanly possible.
No PG needs rest after 10 games. It’s okay Finito, no one here thinks you’re a Paul fan.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton balled out. Forget the numbers (which speak for themself), his aggression has far exceeded anything prior. He’s actually dunking with power and throwing his body into defenders on post ups. I’m gonna try not to get too excited. But this was fantastic.

And man this is two games where Payne seemed pretty bad.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eddie Johnson thinks Deandre Ayton is starting to mature as a player.
Ok. This what happens with DA. He goes for a while playing well and then reverts. Remember the 2021 playoffs?

I am glad he had a few good games but Laurie doesn't play defense and neither does KO.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. This what happens with DA. He goes for a while playing well and then reverts. Remember the 2021 playoffs?
This is definitely a not gonna fall for the banana in the tail pipe situation.

But I’ll enjoy it while it last and would be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

Man… Halliburton rounding out Booker, Ayton, Bridges moving forward would have been dynamite. Would have been such a perfect fit.

Gonna be tough to find that PGOTF.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yea… he found ways to get some numbers. But he really is nowhere near as efficient as he’s been in prior years.
I was really excited to see him find out be more gear this season and easily secure an All-star start, as well as make a legit contention for MVP. Instead, he’s actually fallen a notch.

I mean I don’t think he’s fallen off at all. He’s struggled the last few nights. It happens. His shot hasn’t been falling but he takes a lot of contested ones which hurts his percentage.

But he’s shooting better from the field so far than he was last year and he’s just a tick down in 3-pt percentage but his assists are up, turnovers down and he’s top 10 in the league and a career high in scoring at 27.1.

Without CP3 he’s had to take on more of the load offensively. But Book is playing well and contributing more than just his scoring. The passing has improved little by little but I’ll admit he can still get off the ball a bit and trust his teammates in crunch time if he’s cold.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Man… Halliburton rounding out Booker, Ayton, Bridges moving forward would have been dynamite. Would have been such a perfect fit.

Halliburton on Friday
21/15/6

It’s gonna haunt us for awhile

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

There's one in every draft. Just gotta find them. FWIW, the whole league gave up on Cam Payne when we are getting the best out of him by FAR than any other team he was with. There's always the hope that scouting out a guy like Cam Payne will hit. There's also the option to just go out and grab a Chris Paul level player, too!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I’m not a Paul fan

A 37 year old PG who breaks down every year needs all the rest he can get.
I've been telling my Laker friends, why don't they just bubble wrap LeBron until the last month of the season? This year it looks like they are doing just that! LOL.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

100% agree. And whenever I see a Beverly Hills Cop reference..... I must say kudos sir!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am glad he had a few good games but Laurie doesn't play defense and neither does KO.

At some point, I hope it all clicks with Deandre. We knew it takes longer for big men to develop when the Suns drafted him.

Since he didn't play basketball when he was young, maybe the learning curve is longer for him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been telling my Laker friends, why don't they just bubble wrap LeBron until the last month of the season? This year it looks like they are doing just that! LOL.

That’s what I’m saying. Keep him behind glass and let him out a month before the playoffs

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Halliburton on Friday
21/15/6

It’s gonna haunt us for awhile
Yeah I usually don’t worry about players we missed on, but when a player was available to us, was a top prospect, and was clearly a position of need, and we all wanted him and we passed . . . well, that one ain’t going away. It will remain a badge of shame for James jones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose