Jazz @ Suns Friday game thread 4-30-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker says it felt like 9,000 to 10,000 fans in arena.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker says it felt like 9,000 to 10,000 fans in arena.

its such a shame that this team is finally THE SUNS again and the fans can’t be there to witness nor the players feel the full force of our fandom.

maybe it will be by the time we tip off Game 1 of the Finals...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rudy Gobert didn't start 2nd half because he was in the bathroom.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its such a shame that this team is finally THE SUNS again and the fans can’t be there to witness nor the players feel the full force of our fandom.

I think it's going to get there. Devin Booker must have been impressed by the atmosphere.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah, AZ fans may be somewhat fair weather-ish, but when out teams are good there aren’t better fans in the country - and that goes tenfold for the suns (or at least it did until a decade of losing may have killed the interest of a generation of fans . . . will be interested to see how that plays out).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pointed that out to cheese earlier. With five of them coming on a hellacious road trip. That’s really an insane accomplishment with that gauntlet.

It is an accomplishment for sure. Too bad we don't have the time to enjoy it with such a condensed schedule. It's always the next team up mentality. This is something the Suns have been good at doing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton came outta his funk. Nice and aggressive.

bridges was amazing.

frank and Payne really bringing it last two games. Good to see.

nice to get saric back and see him moving better. He seemed more like a piece of the offense instead of a focal point tonight. Maybe that’s better for him moving forward.

Craig and cam with another clunker. They’re both struggling. Hurts us with crowder and Nader out. Seems to have been a while since everyone was hitting in all cylinders at the same time.

nice to see book being book without seemingly forcing any action tonight. Seemed to come in the flow.

best record in nba. Even if it doesn’t last, this is 87.5% through the season. So it’s not an early season hot streak fluke. It’s legit. Still obvious right there with Utah and clips/Denver hot on our tail, but this was really something of an accomplishment. Makes me sad to think about how old Paul is and how much further advanced this team may have been had they gotten a good point with leadership abilities earlier for a going talented team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Ouchie-Z-Clown

Based on what I see from Chris Paul on the court, also looking at stats, he might be able to play several more years.

John Stockton did. Steve Nash did as well but he was hampered by injuries.

Losing Nader hurts. He is a player the Suns could always plug-in and he would contribute.

I'm hoping the Suns can keep this team together for awhile.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Ouchie-Z-Clown

Based on what I see from Chris Paul on the court, also looking at stats, he might be able to play several more years.

John Stockton did. Steve Nash did as well but he was hampered by injuries.

Losing Nader hurts. He is a player the Suns could always plug-in and he would contribute.

I'm hoping the Suns can keep this team together for awhile.
His game is not built on speed or athleticism. He plays an old mans game. His defense will eventually suffer though.

Ha. Maybe he will be the Tom Brady of basketball and just keep going.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His game is not built on speed or athleticism. He plays an old mans game. His defense will eventually suffer though.

Ha. Maybe he will be the Tom Brady of basketball and just keep going.

Having an "old man's game" is what may prolong Paul's career. He relies more on basketball IQ than athleticism.

In later years he might be more susceptible to being trapped with the ball and have more difficulty getting off his shot. Any decline in defense can probably be game planned.

He can be the Tom Brady of point guards. :cool:

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Not to mention the blackout rules.