Jazz @ Suns 1-16-17

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jazz visit the Suns tonight with the game scheduled to start at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

Rodney Hood will reportedly miss tonight's game for the Jazz with a hyperextended and bruised right knee.

The Jazz are on a three game winning street including a win over the Cavaliers.

See more from the ESPN preview at the link below.

http://www.espn.com/nba/preview?gameId=400900041

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug Haller ‏@DougHaller 19s19 seconds ago
Suns update: In addition to Tyson Chandler, the Suns also will be without backup PG Brandon Knight (wrist) and F Jared Dudley (dizziness).

Only Tyson Chandler is the real loss with all due respect to the other players. Chandler being out will likely hurt the Suns because of Rudy Gobert. The Suns need Len to step up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are down 10-2 to the Jazz to open the game. It's not a good start against a team that is very methodical. Chriss has two personal fouls already.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team is starting to get fun to watch...

... as long as Knight isn't out there...

... I'm not worried about Bender, he is going to be solid...

... Booker... good lord... he reminds me of Kobe the way he creates space for his jumpers...

... I know that is some crazy hyperbole, not saying he is going to be THAT good, but the kid has sky high scoring talent...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice run by the Suns to cut the lead to 15-14.

Eric Bledsoe is off to a good start. Bender replaced Chriss and has knocked down a 3 point shot.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The version of the stomach bug that is going around this year is naaaaaaasty, hope they're loading up the team with anti-virals because they could easily have 5 guys come down with it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Bender is farther along than Chriss right now, especially defensively. If they both get decent from 3 our court spacing is going to be tasty.

Our future is bright, I really hope the "fire McD" posters start taking a hard look at the guys he has drafted (and the slots he has picked em), nothing is more important than drafting well and McD has shown a remarkable ability in that area.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Bender is farther along than Chriss right now, especially defensively. If they both get decent from 3 our court spacing is going to be tasty.

Our future is bright, I really hope the "fire McD" posters start taking a hard look at the guys he has drafted (and the slots he has picked em), nothing is more important than drafting well and McD has shown a remarkable ability in that area.

Was just going to post on bender defense, two times shut Hayward down. He is so long, he can give a guy space but recover to make a strong contest when they shoot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bender is trying to play some defense. A couple of questionable calls by the referees.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Williams has no chance to guard Gobert.

Tucker is playing some tasty defense. He is very good off the bench.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Only Tyson Chandler is the real loss with all due respect to the other players. Chandler being out will likely hurt the Suns because of Rudy Gobert. The Suns need Len to step up.
If the Suns really want to go into full tank mode they need to trade Chandler. Without him in the middle they'll get manhandled by a lot of teams.

from phone

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree with you about Bender.

However, I didn't realize there were fire McDonough posters around. McDonough made some early mistakes as a GM by trading IT and replacing Dragic with Knight but he has been solid since.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns really want to go into full tank mode they need to trade Chandler. Without him in the middle they'll get manhandled by a lot of teams.

I do not want nor expect to see the Suns in tank mode. Maybe the Suns should stay the course with Chandler unless they get a trade that benefits the team.

I wouldn't mind to see Knight and Dudley traded if it were possible.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns lead at halftime 53-47.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Solid first half, I have not bothered to defend Watson, I've been pretty neutral on the subject, largely because I don't think he has much of a choice but to play Tucker and Knight because I'm sure the team would like to move them, but I certainly had not been impressed by the ball movement or defensive intensity. But of late, especially with less and less Knight out there, I'm starting to really like the way the team is moving around and they have unquestionably improved on D the last 3 weeks or so.

Right now... I think I'd lean towards not firing him at the end of the year, not exactly a ringing endorsement, but still...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solid first half, I have not bothered to defend Watson, I've been pretty neutral on the subject, largely because I don't think he has much of a choice but to play Tucker and Knight because I'm sure the team would like to move them, but I certainly had not been impressed by the ball movement or defensive intensity. But of late, especially with less and less Knight out there, I'm starting to really like the way the team is moving around and they have unquestionably improved on D the last 3 weeks or so.

Right now... I think I'd lean towards not firing him at the end of the year, not exactly a ringing endorsement, but still...

You had me until the last paragraph. I'd like to see what Watson can do especially less Knight.

Still you get credit for not wanting to fire him at the end of the season. :)

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Mad Man that thought up that talking basketball commercial needs to be neutered.

from phone

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe is looking good tonight. He does not look like the same player who played against Dallas in Mexico City.