Jaxson Hayes

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
so this was a name thrown out in a foursome by Gambo in which the suns seem interested. We haven’t talked about him at all at this point.

Long, athletic. Anyone watch him at all this year? Thoughts?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He gives the Suns a young center/power forward so he fills a couple of needs.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He has some long-term potential, but he is incredibly raw, to the point where I have him in the same boom-bust category as Sekou Doumbouya, only with less upside. Like Doumbouya, it will take several years for Hayes to develop into an NBA caliber player.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so this was a name thrown out in a foursome by Gambo in which the suns seem interested. We haven’t talked about him at all at this point.

Long, athletic. Anyone watch him at all this year? Thoughts?

He was on my sleeper for the Warriors list but it looks like he's going in the early teens now I've seen him mocked in the top 10 recently.

Long and athletic, shot blocker and rim runner

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He has some long-term potential, but he is incredibly raw, to the point where I have him in the same boom-bust category as Sekou Doumbouya, only with less upside. Like Doumbouya, it will take several years for Hayes to develop into an NBA caliber player.

Would make the least amount sense among the players we’ve discussed at #6 unless they plan on Ayton being a longterm PF. Can you imagine if their plan is Point Book and PF Ayton? Shoot me.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was wondering about him on a trade down scenario.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was wondering about him on a trade down scenario.

It would have to be a trade down scenario, because I believe it to be a foregone conclusion that White and/or Culver will be available at 6.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Jaxson is exciting but is exclusively a 5. 7-4 wingspan and good anticipation on blocks. Not a bad free throw shooter 74%. Uses his long arms to get boards, but isn't really experienced enough or strong enough to be a good rebounder yet. (Only one 10+ rebound game this year) Still he's athletic, agile, and quick. He has great potential as a wing defender for a 5.

He has almost no offensive game. I think he made less than 5 shots outside of 3 feet from the rim. His post moves are gross and awkward.

I'm surprised he's considered a top 10 prospect, even in this draft. But I do like him better than Clarke who has almost the exact same skill set.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Would make the least amount sense among the players we’ve discussed at #6 unless they plan on Ayton being a longterm PF. Can you imagine if their plan is Point Book and PF Ayton? Shoot me.
Do you really equate the two? Booker is an all-star Shooting Guard waiting to happen.

Ayton has one year as a Power Forward and none at Center following high school, with
Igor playing him outside as he played at UofA.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you really equate the two? Booker is an all-star Shooting Guard waiting to happen.

Ayton has one year as a Power Forward and none at Center following high school, with
Igor playing him outside as he played at UofA.

Ayton did not play outside last year, he was as strict to playing center as it gets in the league nowadays, the team just sucked at getting him the ball.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ayton did not play outside last year, he was as strict to playing center as it gets in the league nowadays, the team just sucked at getting him the ball.
I agree with this and I would also ad Ayton was not very good at give me the dam ball.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaxson is exciting but is exclusively a 5. 7-4 wingspan and good anticipation on blocks. Not a bad free throw shooter 74%. Uses his long arms to get boards, but isn't really experienced enough or strong enough to be a good rebounder yet. (Only one 10+ rebound game this year) Still he's athletic, agile, and quick. He has great potential as a wing defender for a 5.

He has almost no offensive game. I think he made less than 5 shots outside of 3 feet from the rim. His post moves are gross and awkward.

I'm surprised he's considered a top 10 prospect, even in this draft. But I do like him better than Clarke who has almost the exact same skill set.

I could get excited by Hayes if the Suns draft him. There is so much upside with him and you can't teach height and wingspan. I think he will minimally have a solid NBA career.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I agree with this and I would also ad Ayton was not very good at give me the dam ball.
Was it that . . . or was he not good at traveling from setting picks at the 3-point line
to the paint to be in a position to score? Were the opponents collapsing on him, by
knowing exactly what to expect?

And, if so, why did management not alter the routine to some degree all season long?

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Was it that . . . or was he not good at traveling from setting picks at the 3-point line
to the paint to be in a position to score? Were the opponents collapsing on him, by
knowing exactly what to expect?

And, if so, why did management not alter the routine to some degree all season long?
Equal parts coaching and Ayton not possessing the dawg in him. Don’t let either side off the hook

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
He's an interesting prospect because of his size, crazy athletic ability , I know I saw him play a few times this year he seems to always give 100% offensively and defensively. He hasn't played basketball that long so he's raw but he's strong enough to actually play right away as a clapela type player it'd be an interesting fit next to Ayton but they could play at the same time. That said I wouldn't hate if they picked him but only if it was a trade down like they get 8 and 17 from Atlanta, it wouldnt be very good if they leave this draft with only a center and whoever their 2nd round pick is

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hayes has moved up to #7 on the Tankathon Mock.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson