Jared Goff loves him some brands

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I bet now that the draft is over for him, he just can't wait to get home and drink lots of Budweiser!

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"I'm happy to be in L.A. and can't wait until we play in Inglewood. #KrylonForTagging."

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why does he have so little shaving cream in that picture?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember "the game" the rapper and his whole song all he did was say people names and air force ones and etc the whole song

USAFMEDIC

Veteran
Reaction score
The kid will have fun for two or three years or so, then it's back to basketball/baseball for the SoCal fans. All kids love new toys. Goff is going to get killed in the pocket.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vince56

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Remember "the game" the rapper and his whole song all he did was say people names and air force ones and etc the whole song

Not really, but then again I don't have horrible taste in music that would lead me to hear something like that.:D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really, but then again I don't have horrible taste in music that would lead me to hear something like that.:D
Oh I hated it, it was the the biggest song for a year or so, would hear it everywhere I went. The whole song is names and brands, it's rather comical

https://youtu.be/xix0TFHGZ9c
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Gotta admit guy hit the lottery though. #1 pick and gets to move to LA instead of St Louis. He is gonna make a lot of money, just hope StL keeps up their plan of 8-8 each year.

Last edited:

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Okay, I need an outside perspective. I think the Rams WAY overpaid to move up to the 1st pick. Especially considering their part in the RGIII bonanza/bust. IMO, Goff has a LOT to prove and big expectations. Goff or Wentz, I think the Rams chose poorly considering how much they gave up.

So, they announce that Goff will be wearing #16(like he did at Cal) and he says that since he was 7 years old, he's patterned himself after Joe Montana and honors him by wearing that number.

Okay, that's fine. Montana is an all-time great and Goff's from NoCal. But, it was 2001 when he was 7 years old. Montana had been long gone from the 49ers(10 years) and retired. In 2001, Jeff Garcia was a pro-bowl QB leading the 49ers to the playoffs and post season success. Not as much as Montana(or Young), but we're talking about a pretty good QB on a winning team. Why would a 7 year old dismiss that and go looking for archive footage of Joe Montana from 15-20 years earlier(when he was healthy and winning)?

My Rams buddies are getting pissed at me because I'm not jumping on the Goff-wagon but my spider-sense is tingling about this guy and the whole #16 story sounds so manufactured, if not phony. Any thoughts?

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
So, they announce that Goff will be wearing #16(like he did at Cal) and he says that since he was 7 years old, he's patterned himself after Joe Montana and honors him by wearing that number.

Okay, that's fine. Montana is an all-time great and Goff's from NoCal. But, it was 2001 when he was 7 years old. Montana had been long gone from the 49ers(10 years) and retired. In 2001, Jeff Garcia was a pro-bowl QB leading the 49ers to the playoffs and post season success. Not as much as Montana(or Young), but we're talking about a pretty good QB on a winning team. Why would a 7 year old dismiss that and go looking for archive footage of Joe Montana from 15-20 years earlier(when he was healthy and winning)?

My Rams buddies are getting pissed at me because I'm not jumping on the Goff-wagon but my spider-sense is tingling about this guy and the whole #16 story sounds so manufactured, if not phony. Any thoughts?

Jared Goff likely inherited his love for Joe Montana and the 49ers from his parents. When I was 7, the great Shack Harris was my team's quarterback but I had a homemade Roman Gabriel jersey. Legends are revered.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Jared Goff likely inherited his love for Joe Montana and the 49ers from his parents. When I was 7, the great Shack Harris was my team's quarterback but I had a homemade Roman Gabriel jersey. Legends are revered.
You're probably right but something about what he's saying is nagging at me.

Vince Ferragamo and Jim Everett were there to greet him before his introductory press conference and during the press conference Jeff Fisher pointed them out and thanked them for being there. Goff then said he watched them growing up. Do 7 year olds watch that much tape nowadays? Now, I get that he was probably just being polite but I still question why answer in that way?

All he has to do is acknowledge that these guys are Rams legends and thank them for coming out. Ferragamo retired in '87 and his heyday was in '79-'84. Goff was born in '94.

So, it isn't impossible that he could have been watching tapes of old games. I'd give him all the credit in the world for that in terms of loving football. But he also said that during his interview process he was talking with Sean Payton and was asked to name a famous #56 defender. He couldn't come up with one and Payton said Lawrence Taylor and looked at him like it should have been obvious. To which Goff said that he wasn't even born yet.

Okay, so maybe he didn't watch EVERYTHING, right? But if he's such a Montana fan, wouldn't he have seen Montana get pulverized and injured against the Lawrence Taylor led Giants?

It's the offseason, I'm bored, I can't help pulling on threads, whatever. I'm just very leery of this guy. He is smart enough to apply what he's being told to say but I don't get the sense that he is genuine. I hope I'm wrong as I really like guys who do "the Shield" proud.

I just don't know what to think. If a guy at heart loves his teams from childhood, I don't really know how I'd want him to act. On the one hand, I'd rather he be true to who he is and own it. On the other hand, I hate who he likes and feel dirty siding with him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson