Jalen Smith...how you doing in the g league?

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awe beep I didn't know Jalen Smith had his own thread. I didn't scroll down far enough.:ais:

Mods ill leave it up to you whether to merge or not.:Dold

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
He has a unique skillset and he also looks like he has a basketball IQ.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns so need Jalen Smith when he is ready. Nice to see him getting minutes and developing. Maybe later this season he can help the big club.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jalen went scoreless today (0-6), had 4 rebounds and 1 assist in the loss by the Agua Caliente Clippers to the Lakeland Magic.

He played 15 minutes.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The film looks good, very athletic and likely high character guy. Still pissed was screaming at tv for halliburton. PG had 1000% more value to the suns since the chances if success were higher sitting behind cp3 for a couple years

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When is the gleague season over? I don't imagine he'll be called back up unless there is another big run of injuries. I'm curious when he'll be back. I know they're doing the season in a bubble in Florida and also have a condensed season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When is the gleague season over? I don't imagine he'll be called back up unless there is another big run of injuries. I'm curious when he'll be back. I know they're doing the season in a bubble in Florida and also have a condensed season.

The G-League season is only about a month and this includes the playoffs so Jalen Smith should be available to return to the Suns soon.

Ty-Shon Alexander who is on a two-way contract should also be available.

Eighteen teams, including 17 NBA G League teams and NBA G League Ignite, will each play 15 games from Feb. 10-March 6 at Disney. The top eight teams from the 135-game schedule will advance to a single-elimination playoff, which will begin on March 8 and conclude with the NBA G Final presented by YouTube TV on March 11.

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-g-league-start-of-season-storylines

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The G-League season is only about a month and this includes the playoffs so Jalen Smith should be available to return to the Suns soon.

Ty-Shon Alexander who is on a two-way contract should also be available.

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-g-league-start-of-season-storylines

Glad you posted all of that info. Selling the NAZ Suns wasn't a big deal this year since the league is so condensed. We aren't the only franchise without a dedicated G League team. With their only being 17 teams, I imagine there aren't many teams with singular control of their g league team.

Hope it helps Jalen be more equipped to handle 15-20 minutes a night when he returns. It would be cool if Alexander can earn some minutes also since he's kind of like our 2nd round pick this year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you posted all of that info. Selling the NAZ Suns wasn't a big deal this year since the league is so condensed. We aren't the only franchise without a dedicated G League team. With their only being 17 teams, I imagine there aren't many teams with singular control of their g league team.

Hope it helps Jalen be more equipped to handle 15-20 minutes a night when he returns. It would be cool if Alexander can earn some minutes also since he's kind of like our 2nd round pick this year.

I think Alexander is the most ready to play but the Suns are loaded at guard.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
In today’s game he had 10 points on 3-10 shooting and 7 rebounds in 21 minutes. He was -36 in a 39 point blowout though. It looks like the second unit (which he is playing with) got destroyed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose