Jalen Ramsey

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A defense with Patrick Peterson, Chandler Jones, and Jalen Ramsey over the next three years is probably a good thing for a young QB.

If you believe that a mobile QB diminishes your need for a top OL...it is worth it.

If you believe you are better off utilizing a 1st round pick next year on a LT, I wouldn't offer that pick.

In terms of money...it all works out eventually. There is just some give and take required.

One thing that must be said. If you have a QB on a rookie contract, giving out these big money deals for top players is what you SHOULD be doing. If not, you are wasting your advantage.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
A defense with Patrick Peterson, Chandler Jones, and Jalen Ramsey over the next three years is probably a good thing for a young QB.

If you believe that a mobile QB diminishes your need for a top OL...it is worth it.

If you believe you are better off utilizing a 1st round pick next year on a LT, I wouldn't offer that pick.

In terms of money...it all works out eventually. There is just some give and take required.

One thing that must be said. If you have a QB on a rookie contract, giving out these big money deals for top players is what you SHOULD be doing. If not, you are wasting your advantage.

This upcoming LT class is supposed to be better than it has been in years....

I think the hope is that even if the Cardinals aren't contenders this year, the develop a clear plan for how the team is going to look two years from now. Next offseason, they should have some money to spend and this year will give them a clear direction in which that money should go.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Nonsense. Not to being better than PP21, I'm sure they're comparable at this point, but it's not worth a top pick on a cheap contract when we're throwing tons of cash at PP21 already, and just signed and drafted two guys to compete for #2.

How about we save that money and pick to draft someone to protect your boy, or fill the other OLB spot next year?

If you're a Cardinal fan... he's your boy too :)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Haha, no, he's not. Just like Adrian Peterson wasn't my boy when he was on the team. But way to try to derail the thread.

Did not derail anything, your train is a one stop negative Kyler Murray destination and that was cited in your response by the way you referenced 'your boy'... and everyone wearing a Cardinal uniform is my boy when the season starts because I want them to win but I guess some can be particular in a team sport lol

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Did not derail anything, your train is a one stop negative Kyler Murray destination and that was cited in your response by the way you referenced 'your boy'... and everyone wearing a Cardinal uniform is my boy when the season starts because I want them to win but I guess some can be particular in a team sport lol

One of my all time favorite players:

Darnell Dockett. Cheap shot artist. Throughout my fandom, I would always watch other teams cheap shot artists, and I hated those guys. But our cheap shot artist? Loved him.

Anyone remember his sack on Tony Romo during the 2008 season, where he facemasked him blatantly on a sack and it wasn't called? Loved it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I mean, it's a thread about Jalen Ramsay getting derailed by quoting something I said over 42 days ago...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I think the hope is that even if the Cardinals aren't contenders this year, the develop a clear plan for how the team is going to look two years from now. Next offseason, they should have some money to spend and this year will give them a clear direction in which that money should go.

Oooh. I hope that's not true. I think the conventional wisdom when you have a new QB that's working out you push all of the money to the middle of the table. It won the Eagles and Seahawks Super Bowls, it got the Rams to the Super Bowl, it got the Bear to the playoffs (so far).

Steve Keim has shown no ability to "plan for the future," and neither has Mike Disner. How long did Keim say that a part of his job was to position the Cards for success after Carson Palmer?

The future is uncertain; you can't plan for 2 years out in the NFL. All in 2020.

He officially gets the stupid ego award for training camp and award for cheezy dumb azz self promotion routine

I think that's hilarious and good for him. The first time I've thought about the Jags this calendar year.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He officially gets the stupid ego award for training camp and award for cheezy dumb azz self promotion routine
Ramsey is simply a jackass. As good as he is I wouldn’t have him on my team because of his “me first” attitude That continually arises

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Chemistry matters and developing a culture of winning matters. Those aren't things you can just turn on. Get big time players, fill in the holes, and plan long term when you have to pay your franchise QB 25mil+.

Personally, I don't believe Ramsey is really available. But, if the Cardinals could acquire any top vet at a premium position, we should be doing that.

The less points our defense allows, the less pressure on Murray. The better talent around Murray, the less he has to carry the team. If you can build a roster that can do both, you might grow and develop a franchise QB for the first time in franchise history.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
There are many here who’d rather have a group of choir boys on the roster and go 2-14 than to have a few divas and win football games

I don't think they prefer choir boys, I think they prefer less talented players who over-achieve

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why? To cover the six games PP21 is going to miss? To discard the value of our 2nd round draft pick (more wasted picks)?

Our 1 is probably going to be a top 5 pick. Do you want to give up a ton of cash and a top 5 pick for a #2 CB?

In a word....YES!! I've had enough personally of the perpetual worry and revolving door that we have had at CB 2 since Patrick got here. We would all be kicking our feet up on Sundays with those two. I'm a fan of the dude personally because he backs up what he talks.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I guess I missed the joke because it was just stupid not even chuckle worthy, now if he came in driving a beat up 76 Pinto making it look like he was poor then that would've been funny lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson