Jalen Ramsey

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the Jags have said they aren’t going to give him an extension and he’s not happy about it. He’s done nothing but live up to the hype.

Give up a 1 all day for this guy

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They’re not going to give him one this year.

He still has 2 more years on his contract.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why? To cover the six games PP21 is going to miss? To discard the value of our 2nd round draft pick (more wasted picks)?

Our 1 is probably going to be a top 5 pick. Do you want to give up a ton of cash and a top 5 pick for a #2 CB?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Why? To cover the six games PP21 is going to miss? To discard the value of our 2nd round draft pick (more wasted picks)?

Our 1 is probably going to be a top 5 pick. Do you want to give up a ton of cash and a top 5 pick for a #2 CB?

Jalen Ramsey is on the short list of corners that are better than PP21.

He'd be worth a high pick.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey is on the short list of corners that are better than PP21.

He'd be worth a high pick.
Nonsense. Not to being better than PP21, I'm sure they're comparable at this point, but it's not worth a top pick on a cheap contract when we're throwing tons of cash at PP21 already, and just signed and drafted two guys to compete for #2.

How about we save that money and pick to draft someone to protect your boy, or fill the other OLB spot next year?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Ramsey can take over for PP the cards are not resigning him to a long term deal give it to the better younger guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

This isn't how teams get better.

You’re right it’s through the draft which we have zero success with so have to find other options. If I have the choice of Ramsey or Peterson today I’m taking Ramsey with the 4 year age difference. They are the same caliber of CB. The odds of you drafting the next Jalen Ramsey with that 1st you want to keep is slim to none.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You’re right it’s through the draft which we have zero success with so have to find other options. If I have the choice of Ramsey or Peterson today I’m taking Ramsey with the 4 year age difference. They are the same caliber of CB. The odds of you drafting the next Jalen Ramsey with that 1st you want to keep is slim to none.

Not to turn this into a Kyler thing again, but this is the same challenging logic we're facing now. Sure, in a vacuum, signing Ramsey over Peterson makes sense. But not only would we be taking on a major salary to do so, we're handing over an asset.

Ramsey's future contract would hold us back at one of the few positions on the team where we have little need, and cost a ton in cheap players to fill the belly of the team. We all remember this team desperately needs depth and solid starters across the board, right? We're the worst team in the league? Not one player away from a deep playoff run?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Nonsense. Not to being better than PP21, I'm sure they're comparable at this point, but it's not worth a top pick on a cheap contract when we're throwing tons of cash at PP21 already, and just signed and drafted two guys to compete for #2.

How about we save that money and pick to draft someone to protect your boy, or fill the other OLB spot next year?

CB is literally the most important position on defense. It's why Belichick let's pass rushers walk and spends big money on CBs.

I'm just saying it's not an insane idea. Trade for him, extend him a spread his cap hit over the last year or two of his rookie deal. Makes him cheaper.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
CB is literally the most important position on defense. It's why Belichick let's pass rushers walk and spends big money on CBs.

I'm just saying it's not an insane idea. Trade for him, extend him a spread his cap hit over the last year or two of his rookie deal. Makes him cheaper.

It isn't at all. A pass rush can save your secondary. An ILB calls the plays on the field. A CB covers one, maybe two guys in a given play. And what are you talking about? Sure, Belichick threw money at Gilmore, but he let Butler (an undrafted FA who was their #1 CB for a year) walk, didn't start him in the Super Bowl, and Asante Samuel, a 4th round pick, is probably the best other CB they've had in his era.

Like, uhhhhh...

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2...rafting-cbs-in-the-second-round-is-not-great/

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great pass rush > great coverage when playing against offenses that deals with long developing plays. The Arians, Chiefs, Steelers, & Rams of the world.

Great coverage > great pass rush when playing against offenses with super quick passing like the Bradys & Brees of the world.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Great pass rush > great coverage when playing against offenses that deals with long developing plays. The Arians, Chiefs, Steelers, & Rams of the world.

Great coverage > great pass rush when playing against offenses with super quick passing like the Bradys & Brees of the world.

I would say more of the league is trending towards those quick passing attacks.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't afford to pay two all pro CBs on the same team. There isn't enough salary cap to do so.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You can't afford to pay two all pro CBs on the same team. There isn't enough salary cap to do so.

You can afford to do anything, you just have to make sacrifices to do so. Paying two corners Top 10 money would require you to have a rotating cast of characters in the defensive front seven. Our commitment to Chandler Jones probably forecloses that possibility.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

The pats do it. 2 of their top 4 cap hits are Gilmore and McCourty. Harmon and Chung aren’t too much further down that list.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pats do it. 2 of their top 4 cap hits are Gilmore and McCourty. Harmon and Chung aren’t too much further down that list.

The Pats have the 17th highest paid QB in the league. We all recognize they are an anomaly all around.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The Pats have the 17th highest paid QB in the league. We all recognize they are an anomaly all around.

Rams, Broncos, Lions, and Vikings all have 2DBs in their top 10 in terms of cap hits while the Texans, dolphins, Titans and all 2 DBs inside the top 5. It can be be done esp since Ramsey is only due 7.4 this year. Him and PP this year would equal close to what the Texans are paying their tandem. That doesn’t take into account PP missing half the year and not getting paid.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose