Jake Plummer + Shannon Sharpe

CT Card Fan

Registered
Reaction score
That should be a fun pairing.

I don't hate Jake, but I did think it was time to move on. And, although I will surprised if he has great success anywhere else, I do wish him luck.

That said, this seems like a strom brewing. Can you imagine Shannon after he's been wide open down the middle 3 straight times while Jake's been locked on to the primary WR? I'm sure he'lll just walk quietly back to the huddle like Freddie did. Right?

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Friday, March 7

Sharpe planning to play for Broncos next season

Associated Press

DENVER -- Tight end Shannon Sharpe intends to play another season for the Denver Broncos, offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak said.

Sharpe told coaches of his decision a few weeks ago, Kubiak said Thursday.

"We talk to him more than our wives,'' Kubiak said of Sharpe. "He calls every day. He's doing great. He's back home and has started his workouts.''

Coach Mike Shanahan said Thursday he didn't know whether Sharpe would return for a 14th season but that the signing of former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Jake Plummer might lure Sharpe back.

Sharpe said at the end of last season he wasn't sure if he would want to go through another offseason of rigorous training at age 34. He already is the all-time NFL leader among tight ends in receptions and receiving yards.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Jake hardly used the TEs, becouse he could never get though all his reads unless the play was for the TE as the first option..
0-Well.

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
There were many times last season where Freddie Jones was wide open and Jake never went through his progressions fast enough to find him. I think Sharpe will give him an earful the first time that happens.