Jake Plummer pushes NFL to research possible marijuana benefits

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jake Plummer pushes NFL to research possible marijuana benefits

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...juana-cbd-oil-benefits-cte-concussions-031616

Former NFL QB Jake Plummer believes marijuana -- non-psychoactive CBD oil to be more specific -- could help current and former players deal with some of the health issues associated with football.

------------------------

Was ex-NFL quarterback Jake Plummer high when admitting he briefly considered making a comeback trying to replace Peyton Manning?

Not quite.

Yes, marijuana influenced Plummer's flight of fancy but not in the conscious-bending way linked to popular use. Plummer is a user of cannabidiol (CBD), which is the non-psychoactive component of the hemp plant that proponents believe can help address a wide range of physical and psychological ailments.

Plummer said he feels so good after taking prescribed CBD oil for a year that he toyed with the idea of returning to the Denver Broncos almost a decade after his own retirement.

"I'm 41 and the Broncos need a new quarterback," Plummer recently told co-host Zig Fracassi and me on SiriusXM NFL Radio that. "I'm not thinking about it but the thought crossed my mind because my body feels great after playing for 10 years in the league and being retired.

"I owe a lot of that to CBD and what it's done for me."

Plummer and Baltimore Ravens tackle Eugene Monroe are among those who strongly feel that CDB can help current and former NFL players deal with the aftereffects stemming from the sport's violent nature. Both have publically asked league officials and NFL Players Association to change their hard-line stance toward marijuana to create wiggle room for non-recreational usage.

Plummer and Monroe also are trying to generate funds toward an initiative being sponsored by Realm of Caring, a non-profit advocacy group focused on researching medical purposes for cannabis. "When the Bright Lights Fade" is an attempt to link Realm of Caring with Johns Hopkins University for a study on whether CBD can be used to possibly prevent the degenerative brain disease known as chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) that the NFL admitted earlier this week is linked directly to concussions.

Reaction score
CBD oil has been proven to help people with seizures & cancer related ailments. I've read reports where the CBD oil has completed cured/rid certain types of cancer in some people.