Jack Del Rio

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
so what do ya think??

Rumor has it Raiders brass is intent on getting Chucky out of the booth and plan to move on from Del Rio... surprising actually because prior to Carrs nasty leg break Del Rio had Oakland looking like the dominant team in the AFC...
recent rumors about the also parting wys with certain players might lead one to believe that some of their issues were more "personality" related than coaching...

truth is,...they have appeared well coached.....

I grew up a Raiders fan.....and they remain my "AFC TEAM".... I also live up here...so I see lots of Raiders football... I dont think Del Rio is the problem...

remember everyone thinking Reggie Makenzie was a total idiot when he let JV go,...then over paid his replacement in a rush...then voided that contract because everyone laughed at him?

Their front office right now does not make sound decisions

like,...giving up part ownership in the team to bring back a previous coach who has been sitting in a broadcast booth for ten years...
Gruden is not a typical "Super Bowl Winning Coach"... much as wisenhunt rode Denny Greens team to the playoffs,...Gruden hopped on Tony Gungy's coat tails and rode them all the way to the super bowl... then he won because the idiot who replaced him in Oakland never even changed the terminology of the offense... Callahan kept running Gruden's offense after he left... which is a big reason why the Tampa defense knew every single play the Raiders ran. The Raiders were a better team,... but their coach was an idiot.....Callahan rode Grudens coat tails to the super bowl...lost,...and will likely never be considered as a HC again.... Gruden rode Dungy's, won...and is somehow considered a coaching legend..

But anyway, I digress..

Raiders are looking to sell the farm to bring back Gruden... without any regard as to rather or not its a mistake on their part... consider Jack Del Rio

He has quality head coaching experience and has demonstrated some success.

He oversaw the development of a rookie QB

Del Rio is a proven defensive coach having taken Carolinas defense to the #3 ranking and the Jacksonville defense to a #6 ranking.........oh yeah, he is also given a bit of credit for the success of the Ravens super bowl winning defense in 2000,..strange because he was a LBer coach... yeah, Lbers like T-Sizzle and Ray-Ray

with all that defensive experience the raiders had the #7 scoring offense in 2016

I think DelRio poses a viable option as HC for the redbirds... He has had success as a defensive coach but also developed a rookie QB and produced a top 10 offense in the nfl... not by himself certainly.... but his resume' shows experience and the ability and willingness to adapt and to delegate

He looks to be a guy who can maximize the talent we already have on defense,...while over seeing the rebuilding we need on offense

What do ya think Birdgang??

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
he has however shown growth and improvement over his time coaching....and he has yet to coach a team with a stable front office
Raiders FO is pretty solid and has the talent to be a perennial contender. Del Río has managed to underachieve.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Raiders FO is pretty solid and has the talent to be a perennial contender. Del Río has managed to underachieve.
reggie makenzie is a trainwreck at GM...and his job is actually in doubt right now too...

JDR had the Raiders as the best team in the AFC until Carrs leg broke...

the team fell apart this season....rather that falls directly on JDR or if he is merely being used as a scapegoat is unknown at this point.

TJ

Reaction score
reggie makenzie is a trainwreck at GM...and his job is actually in doubt right now too...

JDR had the Raiders as the best team in the AFC until Carrs leg broke...

the team fell apart this season....rather that falls directly on JDR or if he is merely being used as a scapegoat is unknown at this point.

Reggie got them a QBoF, excellent WRs, an offensive line, good special teams players, and a solid defense. Bruce Arians would have that team 11-5. When the cupboards and the fridge are stocked but the chef can't make a salad, that's not on the person buying the groceries.

I would consider him as a coordinator

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Young coach with a young QB. No more old retreads.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d be okay with Del Rio as Cards coach. Not really fired-up, but okay with it.

TJ

Reaction score
Young coach with a young QB. No more old retreads.

This. Paid immediate dividends for the Rams and the trajectory is pointing in the right direction for SF.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Reggie got them a QBoF, excellent WRs, an offensive line, good special teams players, and a solid defense. Bruce Arians would have that team 11-5. When the cupboards and the fridge are stocked but the chef can't make a salad, that's not on the person buying the groceries.

I would consider him as a coordinator
JDR had them at 12-4.......so yer sayin he is one game a season better than BA...