Ja Morant wow

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Exactly the point I was trying to make. There’s people all over the internet that pose with weapons or make videos with them(some with music that’s not rap music). I don’t see what the difference is other than some people feel entitled to do things that they feel others should not. But that is the hypocrisy that exists in America and it’s been that way for a long time obviously.
Are those same people being paid by an employer who has specifically told them not to do it?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Are those same people being paid by an employer who has specifically told them not to do it?
No and that was not the point I was trying to make. I already said that he is wrong. I was coming to his defense for other things, like people calling him a wanna be thug or whatever.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No and that was not the point I was trying to make. I already said that he is wrong. I was coming to his defense for other things, like people calling him a wanna be thug or whatever.
Oh, like the actual thug mentioned by Keyshwan Johnson? Yeah, they don't buy Ja's act. They know where he's really from.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Oh, like the actual thug mentioned by Keyshwan Johnson? Yeah, they don't buy Ja's act. They know where he's really from.
I didn’t hear that Keyshawn said that. I’m not a big fan of his sports analysis.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think he's clearly a wannabe something, if it isn't "thug" then I don't know what it is?
it’s dumb for sure. I think of a thug as someone who commits violence against other people. But when you carry a gun like that and are showing it off to people it can certainly escalate to violence. My point was an attempt to show why it’s not ok for some people to sensationalize guns and then sometimes ok for others. Of corse it is a moot point to make here because the nba clearly does not want its players to engage in that behavior.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's clearly a wannabe something, if it isn't "thug" than I don't know what it is?
Right? He acts like he is from the hood or from the streets when he is actually from a two-parent home in South Carolins. Parents that took him around to basketball camps and an AAU team, etc. He went to a nice high school and got a scholarship to college. Rough life.

Here, again, is what Keyshawn had to say about his behavior:

"A notable gang member of a certain very powerful gang here in L.A. didn’t like the fact that Ja was doing those things in some of his games, along with portraying himself, to a degree, as some sort of hip-hop street gangster growing up in the hood when he hasn’t," Johnson said via Barrett Sports Media.

"Those are the sort of things that I worry about because you’re aligning yourself in a position that you know nothing about at all whatsoever – zero about. That’s where I look at the team and the league and to be able to say, ‘You’ve got to get him the necessary help that he needs, serious help.’"

Johnson added in a separate comment that "people from the streets are kind of ticked off by his behavior because they would die to be in his shoes."

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Would a town with a looong history of gun violence like Memphis actually release a guy like Ja Morant? I'd like to think they would but wins and cash will probably trump any thought of it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it’s dumb for sure. I think of a thug as someone who commits violence against other people. But when you carry a gun like that and are showing it off to people it can certainly escalate to violence. My point was an attempt to show why it’s not ok for some people to sensationalize guns and then sometimes ok for others. Of corse it is a moot point to make here because the nba clearly does not want its players to engage in that behavior.
Sure but the "wannabe" part of it means he's not actually a thug. He just wants to be in that life or at least viewed as if he is. And that's a big no-no to the NBA

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Sure but the "wannabe" part of it means he's not actually a thug. He just wants to be in that life or at least viewed as if he is. And that's a big no-no to the NBA
For sure. And I hope someone like his father or maybe another basketball mentor can put their arm around him and help him mature.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am just wondering if Call of Duty feels stupid for putting KD on the game now. They clearly should have gone for Ja instead..

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score

And don't forget they volunteeredly sign a contract with a "conduct" clause for which they can always refuse & find other employment that does require one.

Last edited:

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score

Following Ja Morant's posting of four cryptic messages on Instagram on Wednesday morning, police in Tennessee conducted a welfare check on the Memphis Grizzlies star.

"He is fine," a Shelby Country (Tenn.) sheriff's office spokesperson told TMZ.

The first three posts contained photos of the Memphis Grizzlies point guard with his mother, father and daughter — captioned "love ya ma," "love ya pops," and "you da greatest baby girl...love ya," respectively.

The final post, and most concerning, was a solo shot of the 23-year-old captioned, "bye."

All posts have since been deleted.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He seems like a very confused young man. I hope he gets the help he needs, and I don't mean another BS class or whatever they had him attending. Not a sign of stability when someone posts as he has recently.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He obviously has a very fragile psyche. Everyone knows he is a kid who grew up nowhere near the hood and his family never struggled to with the hardships of living in the ghetto. Of course in today's social media age people are going to call you out on your façade. He just needs to follow the advice of players and clean up his image. Companies don't want thugs as the face of their products so if he wants lucrative endorsement deals to add to his huge Nike deal he needs to make changes.

As some mentioned, he should be seeing a therapist on the regular.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose