I've been hiding this analogy for weeks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team had a thrilling run to the finals but lost in heart break. The next year they came out and rolled over the league, cruising to the league's best record and one of the better records in league history.

In the first round they faced a young team, very well coached and coached by someone who knew them inside and out and lost, in humiliating fashion, probably the biggest upset of all time.

The 2007 Dallas Mavericks.

I almost brought up the comparison previously but didn't want to speak it into existence. I am one of those hypocrites who scoffs at superstition when others describe it, yet I changed clothes at half time today and put on my lucky purple and orange Converse... almost certainly clinching, not the win, but my further departure from sanity.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I was thinking there are some similarities between Dirk and Paul the other day and how they were perceived in their primes vs later in their careers. I remember thinking after that 07’ flameout that Dirk was insanely talented but a postseason choker.

07’- first rd loss to Warriors
08’ - first rd loss to Hornets (CP3 ha)
09’ - second round loss to Nuggets
10’ - first rd loss to Spurs
11’ - epic title run

I’m not big on all time rankings but CP3 with a title might be a top-15 player all time and certainly a top-3 PG.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking there are some similarities between Dirk and Paul the other day and how they were perceived in their primes vs later in their careers. I remember thinking after that 07’ flameout that Dirk was insanely talented but a postseason choker.

07’- first rd loss to Warriors
08’ - first rd loss to Hornets (CP3 ha)
09’ - second round loss to Nuggets
10’ - first rd loss to Spurs
11’ - epic title run

I’m not big on all time rankings but CP3 with a title might be a top-15 player all time and certainly a top-3 PG.
Who do you put at 2 if CP3 pulls this off?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team had a thrilling run to the finals but lost in heart break. The next year they came out and rolled over the league, cruising to the league's best record and one of the better records in league history.

In the first round they faced a young team, very well coached and coached by someone who knew them inside and out and lost, in humiliating fashion, probably the biggest upset of all time.

The 2007 Dallas Mavericks.

I almost brought up the comparison previously but didn't want to speak it into existence. I am one of those hypocrites who scoffs at superstition when others describe it, yet I changed clothes at half time today and put on my lucky purple and orange Converse... almost certainly clinching, not the win, but my further departure from sanity.
I mentioned this back in one of the play in threads, I was worried about this possibility for a while. Glad the Suns won!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave