Its Preseason Gameday! Cowboys @ Cardinals GameDay Thread 8/13/21

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lots of eyes going be on game today. Rondale appears to be dark horse for a lot of the fantasy folks. Plus u got Parsons and Zaven going at it as well

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Parsons is a stud. I think he will be a poor man's Pat Willis....with the chance to get equal him.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Only things I care about tonight:

1. My family not getting COVID (we'll all be masked up, except for the 8 month old - though he would look pretty badass in a mask and his cranial helmet!)
2. No major injuries.

That's it.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
players i will be paying attention to:

limited looks at Zaven + Isiah, Rondale Moore. I suspect a series or two for these guys

extended looks at Marco Wilson, Tay Gowan, Jonathan Ward, and the WRs fighting for the last couple spots

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
players i will be paying attention to:

limited looks at Zaven + Isiah, Rondale Moore. I suspect a series or two for these guys

extended looks at Marco Wilson, Tay Gowan, Jonathan Ward, and the WRs fighting for the last couple spots

I think they may get more PT than you think, these 1st 2 games. If Simmons had preseason last year, he wouldn't have looked so lost the 1st 8-10 games. I'm sure they want to make sure he's solid and that Collins doesn't go through similar issues, too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
First time of the season seeing the jerseys flying around is always great, no matter who’s inside of them.
Yup. I’m excited. For anything in particular? No, bc this won’t be anything that tells me much. Just happy to see cardinals on the field.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So why didn’t they play him? Weird.
There were enough games that it was obvious Drake wasn't running well. I get letting vets play through rough patches, but Drake had quite a few games where you could see at least 5 carries where he didnt maximize the yards that were there.

Ward played ok last night. There were 3-4 plays that he made the wrong cut. Its going to happen, but guys on the bubble should show a bit more.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really hope prater plays this clutch in real gms be awesome not to have a heartattack on every ling medium range fg cough zane cough
..... sucks really hopin zane would have succeeded being from asu but is what it is

Hope to see murray starters more next gm should right only 1 left after chiefs.... but i can see not wantin to risk murray injury

Go cards!!! Rise up red sea :) :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There were enough games that it was obvious Drake wasn't running well. I get letting vets play through rough patches, but Drake had quite a few games where you could see at least 5 carries where he didnt maximize the yards that were there.

Ward played ok last night. There were 3-4 plays that he made the wrong cut. Its going to happen, but guys on the bubble should show a bit more.
His vision leaves something to be desired. Eno showed vastly superior vision.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Something no one commented on: with 21 seconds left and not fourth down kliff decided to run it into the middle of the line for little gain. Prayer was good from distance, but yet again kliff settled for, I believe, a 47 yard fg. That’s not a layup. You have time and a timeout to try for another 5-10 yards. Run a relatively safe play and make the kick easier. Same as last years kliff imo.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Something no one commented on: with 21 seconds left and not fourth down kliff decided to run it into the middle of the line for little gain. Prayer was good from distance, but yet again kliff settled for, I believe, a 47 yard fg. That’s not a layup. You have time and a timeout to try for another 5-10 yards. Run a relatively safe play and make the kick easier. Same as last years kliff imo.
For Prater, 47 isn't missed too often. That was the point of signing him.

That run was more about putting the ball where Prater wanted to kick from.