It's Gotta Be Destiny

CT Card Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Very excited about the Green hiring. For those who are down on it, consider the following:

CT Card Fan (that's me of course): originally from Harrisburg, PA (family still there)

swd1974: Harrisburg, PA

stout: briefly lived in Harrisburg, PA

Steve Keim (Cards scouting guru): originally from Harrisburg, PA

and of course, our new coach Dennis Green who is also a native of: Harrisburg, PA

While it is the state capital, Harrisburg isn't a giant meteropolis or anything, so considering the many connections that there are with fans on this board, Cards staff, and now our new coach, let's hope that it's some sort of divine fate thing and Green is the man to lead us to glory.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
I had an insurance training seminar in Harrisburg - VAIL estimating class for home owner claims for two weeks. It was a great time.

Got drunk everynight & met who should've been the original Mrs. Mad Dog there....but of course, she was married & lived in Florida (worked for the same company, but in Auto claims - was there for a similar class).

Within the next year or so, she gets the divorce, meets a guy who she said reminded her of me (except for a few years older), moves to Az, & marries him..... :mad:

She had me at "Hello"
She had me at "Hello"

Oh well, can't change the past. I wouldn't change my current life w/the Mrs. Mad Dog, but that girl made my heart thump...

OK..I've shared too much info! :oops:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OT - Harrisburgh Connection

Factoid - Harrisburg was originally an Indian settlement named Paxtang and served as a trail hub for routes up and down the Susquehanna, eastward from Philly, west to Pittsburgh (known then as Diondega) and points west, southwest into the Susquehanna Valley and points south and north/northwest to the Iroquois country of Western NY State.

I used to make the trek to Mechanicsburg (w/o Harrisburg) from NJ to oversee printing projects.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
I had an insurance training seminar in Harrisburg - VAIL estimating class for home owner claims for two weeks. It was a great time.

Got drunk everynight & met who should've been the original Mrs. Mad Dog there....but of course, she was married & lived in Florida (worked for the same company, but in Auto claims - was there for a similar class).

Within the next year or so, she gets the divorce, meets a guy who she said reminded her of me (except for a few years older), moves to Az, & marries him..... :mad:

She had me at "Hello"
She had me at "Hello"

Oh well, can't change the past. I wouldn't change my current life w/the Mrs. Mad Dog, but that girl made my heart thump...

OK..I've shared too much info! :oops:

still bitter about :

Attachments

• howardt.jpg
    howardt.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 63

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose