It's getting hard to watch Suns games.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One can always try finding a stream of the game on the internet.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've already committed to not watching any more suns games this season and I cancelled YouTubeTV once it was evident the season postponement would be lengthy. Paying for all of those sports channels with no sports was just a waste of money.

I was curious about moving forward and what would be the cheapest way to watch Suns games in the future. Now that Sling no longer carries the Fox Regional Networks, you are left with very few legal/ethical ways to watch the Suns.

Here are the options for cord cutters.
Hulu Live: $55/m
YouTubeTV: $65/m
AT&T TV Now: $80/m

The other option would be going back to Cox. It looks like I could add Contour to my internet package that just increased after the promotional 12 months and reconnect the cord and it would only add $28 to my bill. Not so fast, because that price does not include the box rental, and the slew of other hidden fees that Cox would likely add $10-15 on top of the $28.

So if you just want to watch Suns and Dbacks games and have no need for all of the other garbage channels, you'll need to shell out $40-80/m for one channel. That's absurd.

This is where you may choose to bend your ethics a bit. If you know somebody who has cable or satellite, you could ask to use their log-in credentials to log in to the Fox Sports Go app and hopefully you give them a few bucks so they get something out of it. The other option is to get a service like YouTubeTV and split the cost with a friend or family member who lives locally. You are allowed up to 3 streams on YouTubeTV so you could split it 3 ways at about $21.67 each. That's still pricey for one channel so hopefully you watch a few more channels than just FSAZ to give you more value.

I split youtubeTV. Three different homes on the same account, I use it almost exclusively for sports. It's worked out fine so far.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I split youtubeTV. Three different homes on the same account, I use it almost exclusively for sports. It's worked out fine so far.

I split it 2 way for a while. Still $21.67 for the one channel I want is crazy.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Still cheaper than buying tickets to the game, and shelling out $10-$12 to park.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still cheaper than buying tickets to the game, and shelling out $10-$12 to park.

This would be me. Too cheap to pay for parking.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is FSAZ back on YOutube TV again?
Yes, all of the Fox Sports AZ channels are on Youtube TV. I don't know if they ever left, but I've been on it for about 3 months now. I split it between 3 households to reduce the cost & we each get our own unlimited DVR recordings. I also like being able to customize the channel lineup to put the channels we watch the most at the top of the guide.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I split it 2 way for a while. Still $21.67 for the one channel I want is crazy.

I have had YouTube for about a week and I have watched it more than the other streaming services we subscribe (Netflix, Disney plus). I wouldn't want to pay $65 for it but $22 seems fair. If fox sports az was available to buy every year for $240 I would think about getting it

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is FSAZ back on YOutube TV again?

Yeah, when they announced the fox sports local channels were being removed I cancelled my subscription... I have a feeling half their subscribers did. They altered their plan so quickly that the local sports stations never stopped airing.

If youtubeTV did dump foxsports then I would go back to cable. I can't do hulu, it is just awful. Even though you're PAYING for a subscription they still inundate you with ads, at regular intervals, and it is like the same 2 ads over and over.

I borrowed a buddies account to watch some TV series I didn't have access to, I couldn't make it through 2 episodes. Not because the show was bad, but because I couldn't watch the Charmin Bears wipe their butts 4 times per episode.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, when they announced the fox sports local channels were being removed I cancelled my subscription... I have a feeling half their subscribers did. They altered their plan so quickly that the local sports stations never stopped airing.

If youtubeTV did dump foxsports then I would go back to cable. I can't do hulu, it is just awful. Even though you're PAYING for a subscription they still inundate you with ads, at regular intervals, and it is like the same 2 ads over and over.

I borrowed a buddies account to watch some TV series I didn't have access to, I couldn't make it through 2 episodes. Not because the show was bad, but because I couldn't watch the Charmin Bears wipe their butts 4 times per episode.

Hulu and Sling were awful. I like youtubeTV the best as well.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe if I stick with DirecTv they will eventually be all about the same price. I pay around a $100 a month.

LOL, i like the programming of DTV. I was using their streaming services for 3 years until they chopped a ton of channels and jacked the price way up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose