It's getting hard to watch Suns games.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a limit to what I will pay for Suns coverage and YouTubetv was at it. The only redeeming factor was that it was easy to suspend it in the off season.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a limit to what I will pay for Suns coverage and YouTubetv was at it. The only redeeming factor was that it was easy to suspend it in the off season.

Have you tried sharing the cost with another local Suns fan? I split the cost with a buddy.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I was watching the Suns' feed through DirecTV on Spectrum in Los Angeles tonight (against the Warriors), and it was glitchy through the entire second half. Did anyone else have that? I was watching it on delay, so maybe my DVR is on the fritz.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was watching the Suns' feed through DirecTV on Spectrum in Los Angeles tonight (against the Warriors), and it was glitchy through the entire second half. Did anyone else have that? I was watching it on delay, so maybe my DVR is on the fritz.

I have DirecTV. My feed in Arizona was good.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And not just because they’re not available by your local TV provider.

Yeah, tonight is probably the most disappointing effort of the year.

I know Oubre is our energy guy, the dude who fires up the team, but his absence no excuse for losing to a Warrior team of cast offs and 2nd round picks. That was embarrassing.

Bridges and Saric are the only 2 players who played like they gave a crap.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Yeah that was painful to watch. On the bright side, I believe youtubetv is negotiating to keep the Suns games.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I am indeed. If it wasn’t for my daughter I don’t think I could take it.
It's a good bonding experience. And some day, and that day may never come, when the Suns are really good and fighting for a championship, all that suffering will pay off with a cathartic experience. You're daughter and you will always have that shared experience of the ups and downs.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have lived here in Phoenix most all of my life. I was here when they arrived and followed them every year, up until they got the Sarvs virus. Also, the NBA has become a league that is almost unwatchable as a whole IMO.

I remember, I think it was just the 2nd season, when they had the vaunted Lakers on the ropes (until Wilt woke up). Connie Hawkins is my all time favorite Sun and he almost pulled it off.

The Barkley years were awesome and I had always wanted him here before they finally got him. He was an amazing player.

Kevin Johnson, Paul Westphal, Dick Van Arsdale, Alvin Adams, Neil Walk, Walter Davis, Gar Heard (the SHOT!), Steve Nash, Amare', etc., etc.., that's how far I go back :) It wasn't always pretty and there were lean years even back then but Jerry always seemed to at least be trying to put a winner on the court.

I can't watch them on TV now and wouldn't even if I had the right cable channel (I cut the cord many years ago). I am, at heart, a Suns fan but it is the Suns of many years ago. I just can't be behind a team that doesn't even seem to TRY to put a winning team together.

I lurk on this board and feel the pain of you stalwart fans here. Kudos for hanging in there, especially in the decade of losing lately. It takes some real devotion to do that and I KNOW because I am a Cardinals fan, LOL.

I won't be a "fair weather fan" and show up when, if, the Suns return to being winners, that ship has sailed. But, like I said, I admire your tenacity at hanging in there.

I am not trolling, I am just observing. I hold some very fond memories with the Suns and, perhaps, that's why it's so sad to me that they have sunk to the level they have. I lived in San Diego when the Clippers were there and it's eerily reminiscent of those days to me seeing how the Suns have fallen.

I hope, for you faithful, that it will turn around so you can cheer and be happy for a winning team again.

Sorry for the ramble but it just pains me what has happened to this franchise. Guess I am just a crotchety old man now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@TRW

So appreciate your post. Once a Suns fan always a Suns fan but indeed this past decade has been brutal.

At least you have some great memories!

I hope one day, when the Suns get their act together, you will post more. Like the Clippers, it may take a new owner to straighten out this once proud franchise.

Please post whenever you feel like it. Great to hear from you.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FOX Sports Arizona (@FOXSPORTSAZ)
3/5/20, 9:08 AM
YouTube TV subscribers: We’re pleased to reach a new agreement with YouTube TV. Most YouTube TV subscribers will continue to see Suns, Coyotes and D-backs games and all the comprehensive coverage on FOX Sports Arizona.

I just let mine expire last night. I'm going to miss tv honestly, mostly Naked and Afraid.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
FOX Sports Arizona (@FOXSPORTSAZ)
3/5/20, 9:08 AM
YouTube TV subscribers: We’re pleased to reach a new agreement with YouTube TV. Most YouTube TV subscribers will continue to see Suns, Coyotes and D-backs games and all the comprehensive coverage on FOX Sports Arizona.
Good to hear. Thanks for the post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I watch the Suns with my oldest. He's 4 and knows most of the team. He's really competitive so he'll root for the other team if they have the lead. I'm not forcing him to pick a favorite team now just because his dad is in a ditch.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just let mine expire last night. I'm going to miss tv honestly, mostly Naked and Afraid.
I canceled already. I can sign up again, but I do not see why I should. There is not much motivation on my part to watch full games right now. I can watch highlights and if the team starts to show any life at all, I will sign up again. Watching this team right now gives me heartburn.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I canceled already. I can sign up again, but I do not see why I should. There is not much motivation on my part to watch full games right now. I can watch highlights and if the team starts to show any life at all, I will sign up again. Watching this team right now gives me heartburn.
Why do you think you deserve special treatment? Take it like a man (or woman) like the rest of us! :p

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I sympathize JC. I have been skipping games lately. When they don't show up against the worst teams in the league at home it's just too much.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've already committed to not watching any more suns games this season and I cancelled YouTubeTV once it was evident the season postponement would be lengthy. Paying for all of those sports channels with no sports was just a waste of money.

I was curious about moving forward and what would be the cheapest way to watch Suns games in the future. Now that Sling no longer carries the Fox Regional Networks, you are left with very few legal/ethical ways to watch the Suns.

Here are the options for cord cutters.
Hulu Live: $55/m
YouTubeTV: $65/m
AT&T TV Now: $80/m

The other option would be going back to Cox. It looks like I could add Contour to my internet package that just increased after the promotional 12 months and reconnect the cord and it would only add $28 to my bill. Not so fast, because that price does not include the box rental, and the slew of other hidden fees that Cox would likely add $10-15 on top of the $28.

So if you just want to watch Suns and Dbacks games and have no need for all of the other garbage channels, you'll need to shell out $40-80/m for one channel. That's absurd.

This is where you may choose to bend your ethics a bit. If you know somebody who has cable or satellite, you could ask to use their log-in credentials to log in to the Fox Sports Go app and hopefully you give them a few bucks so they get something out of it. The other option is to get a service like YouTubeTV and split the cost with a friend or family member who lives locally. You are allowed up to 3 streams on YouTubeTV so you could split it 3 ways at about $21.67 each. That's still pricey for one channel so hopefully you watch a few more channels than just FSAZ to give you more value.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I've already committed to not watching any more suns games this season and I cancelled YouTubeTV once it was evident the season postponement would be lengthy. Paying for all of those sports channels with no sports was just a waste of money.

I was curious about moving forward and what would be the cheapest way to watch Suns games in the future. Now that Sling no longer carries the Fox Regional Networks, you are left with very few legal/ethical ways to watch the Suns.

Here are the options for cord cutters.
Hulu Live: $55/m
YouTubeTV: $65/m
AT&T TV Now: $80/m

The other option would be going back to Cox. It looks like I could add Contour to my internet package that just increased after the promotional 12 months and reconnect the cord and it would only add $28 to my bill. Not so fast, because that price does not include the box rental, and the slew of other hidden fees that Cox would likely add $10-15 on top of the $28.

So if you just want to watch Suns and Dbacks games and have no need for all of the other garbage channels, you'll need to shell out $40-80/m for one channel. That's absurd.

This is where you may choose to bend your ethics a bit. If you know somebody who has cable or satellite, you could ask to use their log-in credentials to log in to the Fox Sports Go app and hopefully you give them a few bucks so they get something out of it. The other option is to get a service like YouTubeTV and split the cost with a friend or family member who lives locally. You are allowed up to 3 streams on YouTubeTV so you could split it 3 ways at about $21.67 each. That's still pricey for one channel so hopefully you watch a few more channels than just FSAZ to give you more value.
Why don't you use League Pass? Unless you are in Phoenix, it should work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson