It is time to give Nash a chance at a ring!

wsupkid

Registered
Reaction score
Is it time to sit with Steve and ask him where he would like to go?
I know the Clippers need a point. I know it is time for the SUNS to rebuild.
What options do the SUNS have at this point?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am for this 100%. Send the guy somewhere he has a shot. Get what you can because the alternative is letting this guy walk or resigning him to a chunk of cap space that will hinder this team from moving on.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Not every old player wants to piggyback on some team to get a ring.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not every old player wants to piggyback on some team to get a ring.

Who said anything about piggy backing? I would think that if a team wants Steve it would be to contribute not ride the pine.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Nash is a loyal guy. He would have never left dallas if cuban would have matched phx's offer. I don't think he is going to ask to leave or hop on another wagon. he is a hard worker and will do it the old fashion way. having said that the suns franchise could trade him and i would love to see nash win a ring. he is a great dude and a great player and i was fortunate to get to see him play so much first in dallas and then when I moved to phx the same year that he did lol.

It aint gonna happen, but I think it would be cool to see him in dallas again. phx and dallas seem to trade players back and forth over the years anyway. and the mavs could use him with kidd being injured a lot right now. delante west is solid, but doesn't quite replace barea's backup ability on offense and nash would be a clear upgrade. they get by with beaubois and terry helping at the point as well because they have PG skills, but they are not true point guards.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Funny Simmons blurb on Nash -

"As for Nash, he's having another killer Nash year (15-10, 56-47-87 shooting percentages) at age 38 despite (a) playing in a ridiculously tough conference, (b) being saddled with the worst 2-through-12 supporting cast in that conference, and (c) having the life slowly sucked out of him by one of the worst ownership situations in any sport. There's no way, at his age, with everything else going on, that Steve Nash should still be doing THIS. I think he grew up near a Canadian nuclear reactor. It's the only possible explanation. "

FREE STEVE NASH!!!

OP
OP
wsupkid

wsupkid

Registered
Reaction score
I have cleared up the SUNS future.
First we trade Nash to NY for Carmello. Not that he is my best choice but the only choice. We will still have money to sign a max player this summer. Williams to play with Carmello?
What do we think?

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
You're all crazy. The plan is we should hold onto Nash, maybe get Brooks back into the lineup when he's done in China, and try and make a playoff push as Redd regains some of his old form.

Then in the offseason we should try and bring in someone like Jermaine Oneal to shore up the PF position. Our crack training staff will have him back to 70% of his old form in no time and we can squeeze a couple of seasons out of him.

We surround that core with a few mid first rounders we'll surely be getting over the next few years, and perhaps overpay to bring in Travis Outlaw to shore up our garbage time unit. That should keep us within fighting distance of 8th seed for years to come, or at least until Nash contracts alzheimer's disease.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think that nash is on the mavericks radar. If dallas is able to sign dwight howard or trade for him, then I think they will try to obtain nash, rather than williams in FA.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
The Suns are going to resign Nash this offseason. Nash is ok with not winning a championship. He values his teammates.