Is this the end of the New England Patriots' dynasty?

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was the end of the dynasty the day Brady walked out the door.
Brady allowed them to mask so many issues. They had a hall of fame QB at a bargain basement price. He took a hometown discount almost every year of his career there (I don't think he made more than 15 mill a year). This allowed them the solidify many other areas of the team around him.

IMO this was as integral a part of making Brady the GOAT as his game play. Winners do what it takes to win, at the expense of self-enrichment when necessary. It's that simple.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
the cupboard was bare last year that’s why Brady left.

Bill wanted to move on from Brady before that. Kraft overruled him and they got one more ring vs the Rams out of it. I think Belichick playing GM took his focus away from strictly coaching and the draft/FA misses have proven it.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tom Brady made them but I can see Bill fixing things and getting on a run. Cam Newton has cost them 3 games this year. Win 2 of them and they are 4-3.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Belichick isn't king. Everyone who gets to be a coach at this level is excellent at his job in a way common folk can't even understand. The coaches who are great successes in pro sports also have the funny little coincidence of always seeming to have the best players on their teams.

Right how’s Pop been without Duncan, Manu and Parker

How did Phil Jackson do NY

great talent on the field/court is the biggest factor in winning, guys who have never competed in anything or aren’t athletic love to trick themselves into thinking it’s all coaching.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bill is a really good defensive coach. He can game plan to take away what a team wants to do.

If they get a good QB...maybe like Cousins or even Brisett...they can put together a good enough D at full strength to be a playoff team

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The whole Brady - BB thing is over simplified. They are both great. Neither could be great without the other one being great.

Brady isn't going to win with Hue Jackson as his HC. And BB isn't going to win with Mark Sanchez at QB.

The Pats were always going to be bad this year. I was amazed when I saw people in the NFL media having them top 10 in pre season rankings. A new QB, a short off season, several opt outs, weak receivers.

It's over this year, but I expect them to be much, much better next year.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

They need a decent QB who can run their offense. I don't know who that will be, but they dont have to be a superstar is what I'm saying.

I think they could get Brisett back and be a playoff team.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Guess the debate as to who was more instrumental in NE's decade of success has been answered. Brady has TB at 6-2 and NE is 2-5. You need a QB no matter how good a HC you are.
It's really not that simple. TB was a mediocre team last year with a much worse QB. NE on top of not having even a decent QB has multiple very good players that opted out for the year. Give NE an above average QB right now and they probably are more like 3-4 or 4-3. Possibly even better without the hold outs.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's really not that simple. TB was a mediocre team last year with a much worse QB. NE on top of not having even a decent QB has multiple very good players that opted out for the year. Give NE an above average QB right now and they probably are more like 3-4 or 4-3. Possibly even better without the hold outs.
Brady worked wonders with lesser talent in NE than he currently has in TB. If Brady was in NE now they'd arguably be 5-2, Cam has really been that bad for NE.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
After 20 years of nothing but success, it's about time. I always tell my family, who are all Pats fans, that's it's gonna end someday and when it does, it's gonna be painful. The Pats look bad most weeks, and I still can't f-ing believe we lost to them. :bang:

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hope it’s the end but seeing is believing. A down year or two doesn’t mean the end of a “dynasty”. Ask again next year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave