Is this draft really a good Oline class? How do they compare to Levi Brown as a prospect?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Elite LT's are usually top 5 picks. I'm guessing Thomas and Becton are drafted outside the top 10. Playing RT for a lefthanded QB in college is irrelevant to playing LT in the NFL.

i guess its about putting your best OT on the QBs blind side

and the logic is a bit self fulfilling

if they were elite, they would be top 5

but the Cards arent drafting in the top 5

so they get to pick from "almost elite" (?)

i can understand the argument that says -- there are no top 10 worthy OTs in this draft. Lots of people disagree with that, but im ok with that

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Lots of good points in this thread. OT is now vastly different in college than the NFL. That’s why athleticism is so critical. These tackles are far more impressive athletes than Brown. With good coaching all should be effective at RT. BTW Grimm was a joke away from Pitts. He couldn’t have identified a tackle if locked in a phone both (showing my age) with Joe Thomas.
This is true and why you aren't going to get "Joe Thomas" type OT prospects in drafts anymore. There is a reason draftniks site players like Ogden, Pace, Walter Jones, and Joe Thomas who were drafted 10+ years ago. What has changed is that you have to look for the traits those players had and hope you can develop them.

What is funny is that despite having no elite tackle prospects in the draft in the past 13 years, there are 22 OTs in the NFL making over 10 mil per year. It isn't that they are not there, they just look different than they used to.

Reaction score
Back in the day watching the away games at Doc and Eddy's in Tempe there was a guy who stood up and yelled "levi you turnstile!" at least four times a game. I assume he probably reads this forum.

I used to shoot quite a bit of pool at Doc & Eddy's back in the day.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave